New project

riverfever

Local time
11:16 AM
I'm just about finished with a Honda CB550 cafe racer project and just started summer vacation yesterday so it seems fitting that I would stumble on a freebie project today. It's a Whizzer Pacemaker II that was purchased new and then sat in a storage container for the majority of its life. It has 41 miles on it. I don't know anything about these things but holding in the clutch, with new fuel in the tank, and the original plug it really wants to start but just won't quite go there. I have a new plug on the way (cr7eix) and will go through the thing and clean it up and check all the fasteners while I'm waiting. Considered pulling the carb to clean it but I think I'll wait until I get a new plug and see if that makes a difference. Are manuals available for these things? I'll try to put some pictures up of the thing. Plans are to get it running and then I'm going to give it to my friend's daughter who lives in the Portland area. Any tips are appreciated.

Well. I'm getting spark but the plug was dry as a bone so I suspected a fuel delivery issue. Plenty of fuel in the bowl so I pulled the carb off. It's the nastiest carb I have ever seen. The carbs on my 71 Honda CB were in better shape. Main and idle jets were plugged solid. Everything is apart and soaking in Berrymans for the evening.

Last edited:
Well. I'm getting spark but the plug was dry as a bone so I suspected a fuel delivery issue. Plenty of fuel in the bowl so I pulled the carb off. It's the nastiest carb I have ever seen. The carbs on my 71 Honda CB were in better shape. Man and idle jets were plugged solid. Everything is apart and soaking in Berrymans for the evening.
Their is a guy named Quenton Guenther in the Whizzer section section who sounds to me like he knows his stuff on Whizzers.

Putting the carb back together and the choke lever is giving me fits. Anyone have a schematic of how that all goes together (specifically struggling with the small spring that goes on the butterfly shaft).

Figured out the carb and got it all back on the bike. It started right up. One concern I have is that I live at just under 9,000' and this thing is going to go to Portland area so I really don't want to do too much tuning for this altitude only to have it run poorly once it gets there. Can anyone tell me the stock specs for the screws on the carbs please? Also...motor idles and revs nicely on the stand but on the ground it dies. I believe this may because the belts (particularly the front one) are really loose. How are these tightened? Thanks.

Try asking someone in the whizzer section on this forum.

Back