New project....

"This will be awful top heavy, in my opition an accident waiting to happen"

Yeah thats a possiblity, which is why i am going to add a wheel in the back like this picture. Except it wont be like this because there wont be any engine. And it will be much lighter and simpler, just a simple piece of angle iron with a moving tire bolted to it. Also, this stabilizer contraption will be around an inch above the road, so the wheels only touch in an emergency event where a wheelie wants to occur, preventing it.....

THE ONLY THING THAT IS BAD IS THE WHEELIE POSSIBILITY NOT TOP HEAVY. Lets say the engine is 30lbs + random brackets and stuff for a total of 50lbs. Well, i weigh 120lbs, so its equivlent to a 170lb person riding on it. The top heavy thing isnt a big deal, with your logic, a a 200lb guy shouldnt be able to ride a bike because its too top heavy....

Attachments

• 1576460089877.png
    1576460089877.png
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
"This will be awful top heavy, in my opition an accident waiting to happen"

Yeah thats a possiblity, which is why i am going to add a wheel in the back like this picture. Except it wont be like this because there wont be any engine. And it will be much lighter and simpler, just a simple piece of angle iron with a moving tire bolted to it. Also, this stabilizer contraption will be around an inch above the road, so the wheels only touch in an emergency event where a wheelie wants to occur, preventing it.....

THE ONLY THING THAT IS BAD IS THE WHEELIE POSSIBILITY NOT TOP HEAVY. Lets say the engine is 30lbs + random brackets and stuff for a total of 50lbs. Well, i weigh 120lbs, so its equivlent to a 170lb person riding on it. The top heavy thing isnt a big deal, with your logic, a a 200lb guy shouldnt be able to ride a bike because its too top heavy....
Not an apples to apples comparison - weight isn't just weight, where it is DOES matter. We're talking handling, not acceleration or braking.

That 200lb person can move his own extra weight that moves with him a LOT easier than your 120lbs can move 50lbs when its pulling and pushing against you.

Not an apples to apples comparison - weight isn't just weight, where it is DOES matter. We're talking handling, not acceleration or braking.

That 200lb person can move his own extra weight that moves with him a LOT easier than your 120lbs can move 50lbs when its pulling and pushing against you.
Yeah i feel you. I am not worried about moving it around. I thought you were talking about acceleration and balance at like cruise speeds. I one time brought the pusher trailer on the train... The thing is that i couldn't get it out and had to dissasemble part of it (remove trailer from bike hitch) to remove it from the train.... It is a real pita to move around, so i think i can handle a top heavy single bike. To make matters worse, they didnt open the train door that i entered in, so the conductor eventually key opened that door, as there was no way i could move it a few train cars to the net door. All the commuters were pissed, lol.

Yeah i feel you. I am not worried about moving it around. I thought you were talking about acceleration and balance at like cruise speeds. I one time brought the pusher trailer on the train... The thing is that i couldn't get it out and had to dissasemble part of it (remove trailer from bike hitch) to remove it from the train.... It is a real pita to move around, so i think i can handle a top heavy single bike. To make matters worse, they didnt open the train door that i entered in, so the conductor eventually key opened that door, as there was no way i could move it a few train cars to the net door. All the commuters were pissed, lol.
Wish you had video of this lmao. I can't believe they let you on with it.
Conductor: "sorry, we'll be arriving 10 minutes late to the next stop"
Dispatch: "i told you not to eat those street meat burritos from that food truck"
Conductor: "it wasn't that, some kid got his motorized trailer and bicycle thing stuck"
Dispatch: "those don't exist"
Conductor: "yeah man im telling you. I think AATIP is releasing videos later this month"

Back