Carby New PWK 21 Carby. Tuning? Low speed bogging?

New development. I richened the jetting and it still has issues past 1/4 throttle. I also noticed the power jet isn't sucking fuel at WOT. What should I do with that?

I notice 2 nipples on the carb not being used. One is near the choke and the other is above the bowl overflow. Do these connect to anything? Does the long hose from the bottom attach to anything?

New development. I richened the jetting and it still has issues past 1/4 throttle. I also noticed the power jet isn't sucking fuel at WOT. What should I do with that?

I notice 2 nipples on the carb not being used. One is near the choke and the other is above the bowl overflow. Do these connect to anything? Does the long hose from the bottom attach to anything?
The power jet isn't going to do anything until the velocity through the venturi is high enough to pull fuel,like I said 7k isn't going to cut it!These carb's have two bowl over flows with one used as a vent,it also has an oil feed for injection systems.The line on the bottom is the regular over flow.

The power jet isn't going to do anything until the velocity through the venturi is high enough to pull fuel,like I said 7k isn't going to cut it!These carb's have two bowl over flows with one used as a vent,it also has an oil feed for injection systems.The line on the bottom is the regular over flow.
Well, dang. Looks like I have another weekend goal. So new, short header and maybe gear the rear down so this way I can climb (or maybe I'll just catch enough speed to climb over). Would raising the exhaust help with higher rpm since duration is so low? I already shaved a mm or 2 off the piston but I can raise the exhaust port. Would I even need to shorten the header if I raise the exhaust?

Engine seized. First it cut out and wouldn't start and in an attempt to get it going, it locked.

I don't get it, I was running rich everywhere and kept the speed at 30. Probably a result of the scoring. Back to the drawing board.

Edit: Engine torn down, head knocked off and cylinder out. the bottom of the piston window snagged on the intake port locking the engine. Knocked it out, will need to take the case apart now. I might get a balanced & trued crank. Well see...

Last edited:
Back