New ratio 4G gearbox from Grubee

Thanks for the info Bill , yeah I still dont get it , my engine is a HS copy of a Honda , are there two types of Honda Clone ? My engine looks just like yours Bill .

No two types of the honda clone that I am aware of. Not sure what you don't get though? The difference in the two trans is answered inthe photos that I posted . The Haunsheng engines are different the HS 142F is the honda clone with 5/8 shaft The HS142 CC engine is not a honda clone.The CC is for centrifical clutch that comes with and is part of the HS142 CC engine.This engine has different dimensions and a tapered shaft.This is the reason for two different 4G setups

Ah right ,so your HS is Exactly the same as the Honda , I want one like yours , I had no idea there was another HS engine , by that I was under the impression that my engine is a Honda Clone , obviously If I had known this I would have bought the true clone , probably not available here in upside down land pffft .

Last edited:
Ah right ,so your HS is Exactly the same as the Honda , I want one like yours , I had no idea there was another HS engine , by that I was under the impression that my engine was a Honda Clone , obviously If I had known this I would have bought the true clone , probably not available here in upside down land pffft .

Puff Puff'wipeing the sweat off my face" Man am i glad this confusion got cleared up.

By the way I love your country. Would like to visit. Irish Johns NSW area sounds nice

That's interesting HseLoMein but you need to supply info like G4 GB with 11T freewheel drive sprocket to 44T rear sprocket on 26" wheel for your information to become really useful. A good picture (left side) always helps as does the mileage you have covered since the install. You are the first happy customer I've read about because I can tell you that the early G4 I built was unuseable as Sean, the owner, attested elsewhere on this Forum. Your set up must be different. It never performed well because of the gearing but the increased torque pulled the 11T freewheels to bits - the 11T freewheels for the G4 are not the same bolt fitting as the 11T freewheels for the older Mark2 & Mark3 GBs incidentally.

Sorry i wasn't specifying scientific data. I use what came in the Kit from bicycle-engines. to that is a HS 142 49cc engine, with a 4G gearbox that has a 20 tooth to 100 tooth belt setup with the 11th freewheel, to a 50 tooth sprocket on the wheel. I have had this engine for about 2.5 months. I cannot tell you the mileage as i do not have a speedo on it yet. I have gone through a tank and a half of gas, so i am halfway through break in. So its not a true 25:1 ratio more like 22:1 ratio. This is all assembled on an 2010 Aluminum Schwinn Beach Cruiser with 26x2.125 tires. My buddy has followed me in a car he told me i get between 25 and 30 consistently. I can pass my other buddy all the time on my 49cc, esp on the hills, He has a 66cc 2 stroke. I am impressed with the engine and gearbox match up. I will get a speedo this weekend and let you know what that says for speed.

Measure the wheel through one revolution on a flat surface with you sitting on the bike and put that measurement into the speedo for the wheel circumference and it will be split accurate.

Measure the wheel through one revolution on a flat surface with you sitting on the bike and put that measurement into the speedo for the wheel circumference and it will be split accurate.

Ive been dong that for ages :) good tip you forgot about making sure the tires are inflated to where you want them (porperly)

Yeah its not bad here , I live just up the road from that old reprobate . well 20 miles or so.
That's down the road not up. You always go down from Ocean Shores! :D
I've been going down ever since I moved here.
I'm glad we have established that the early HS\G4 has the centrifugal clutch built into the motor and is consequently fatter. The old standard HS fits the Honda G4 so there is no point in buying the older version.
This product was rushed to market untested (except for slow runs up and down a back alley in China captured on film) and it is up there with the Hoot in terms of unuseability.
Simon, I have an old HS that I did 2827 kms on with regular oil changes etc. that you can have for a song. Wait for an EZ GB and you will make that mountain between your place and mine all downhill.:devilish:

If I go north thats up the road to me , and the same with going down south ,maybe its a Western Australia thing .
The Old HS sounds just the thing , as for EZ drives , I like the clutch They have used , and its orientation at the output with the drive sprocket mounted on it , be great if they become available here .

Back