New ratio 4G gearbox from Grubee

.....Then there are all the makers of bicycle front lights but don't get me started on them.

Oh Lord no! You've posted enough of your rants. The fifth of Bailey's wasn't to make the bike better, it was to make you happy. I guess I am a "glass half full" kind of person, and you're bringing me down man. So put down the Hateraid and pick up the Bailey's. Let's face it, a motorized bicycle is the unholy marriage of an internal combustion engine and a pedal bicycle. Even the best MB's are going to be "pokey" compared to a purpose built moped or scooter.

Precisely NoPed. I too can't be bothered with things that are no good. All I've learnt has come through this Forum and from my own good & bad experiences. Riding 25000 miles has also been very useful because it gives me a guage to apply to products.

Amen to that IJ and i covet everyone's suggestions and try to ascribe unsurpassable worth to everyone.
You've given me a lot of info and options to consider; i'm not going to get in a big hurry to build this even though i'd love to be riding today; it's beautiful outside!
I'll keep everyone apprised and if i can get a majority of thumbs up, then i'll buy.

be seeing you

Amen to that IJ and i covet everyone's suggestions and try to ascribe unsurpassable worth to everyone.
You've given me a lot of info and options to consider; i'm not going to get in a big hurry to build this even though i'd love to be riding today; it's beautiful outside!
I'll keep everyone apprised and if i can get a majority of thumbs up, then i'll buy.

be seeing you

Be careful of thumbs up from the dealer members because their advice can be heavily tainted by their unfettered commercial instincts. A good guide is when insults start flying the person on the receiving end has probably touched a raw nerve and the product is probably seriously defective. I was accused of breaking that stem on purpose just to have a go at Grubee and photoshopping the crystaline texture onto the aluminium etc,
People are still selling those stems & that is what amazes me.

Be careful of thumbs up from the dealer members because their advice can be heavily tainted by their unfettered commercial instincts. A good guide is when insults start flying the person on the receiving end has probably touched a raw nerve and the product is probably seriously defective.......

I totally agree. That EZ Motorbike drive seems to have some issues, but you wouldn't know it because of all the dealer members and staff.

That's good to hear Bill. How much thinner is the Honda 4G?

I just got one and the Honda 4G is 2 1/16" wide not including the bulges in the cover where the shafts are. I'm pretty happy about that. I'm not sure why the bulges are even there as it doesn't seem necessary. The 11 tooth sprocket seems to stick out too far and may cause alignment problems with the rear sprocket for me. We'll see.

Just over 2 inches for the Honda 4G , my HS 4G is almost 3 inches , and I agree that the drive sprocket is too far to the right , there is a good half inch that need not be on the shaft . My engine and drive had to be hard left to line up with the wheel further adding to the width issue . its going to be interesting building my "normal" bike with a four stroke .

Hi Ghostrider,

Out of the hundreds of drives shipped only 3 had issues. The very minor problem was related to a few defective pulleys. We simply trashed the suspect pulleys and went back to the American made Congress brand used on the early versions of our drive.

I just completed testing with the Congress drive pulley and after 1500 miles the belt looks like it just came out of the package. I will attach pictures so that everyone can see the results.

I am only responding to your comment in post #45 to set the record straight about the quality of our drive system.

Attachments

• Mvc-156f.jpg
    Mvc-156f.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 280
  • Mvc-160f.jpg
    Mvc-160f.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 272
Just over 2 inches for the Honda 4G , my HS 4G is almost 3 inches , and I agree that the drive sprocket is too far to the right , there is a good half inch that need not be on the shaft . My engine and drive had to be hard left to line up with the wheel further adding to the width issue . its going to be interesting building my "normal" bike with a four stroke .

I must ask; can't the drive's output sprocket be adjusted to the left? this seems like a big deal; i wanted my motor centered in the frame!

I must ask; can't the drive's output sprocket be adjusted to the left? this seems like a big deal; i wanted my motor centered in the frame!

do you want the just the motor[engine] centered in the frame or do you want the engine with trans centered in the frame

Back