New rider

RoadRage1987

Local time
12:38 PM
I'm still on my first tank so I'm early in my break in and this is my first bike. I went on a cruise for a few minutes and when I got home my motor was so hot I couldn't touch it is that normal? Plus I'm noticing some oil on the front of my motor above my exhaust is it not seated right? Any help y'all could give would be much appreciated!

I'm still on my first tank so I'm early in my break in and this is my first bike. I went on a cruise for a few minutes and when I got home my motor was so hot I couldn't touch it is that normal? Plus I'm noticing some oil on the front of my motor above my exhaust is it not seated right? Any help y'all could give would be much appreciated!
You just need to tighten your head w/_torq wrench and keep your R.P.Ms in short bursts. These little engines need your attention all the time. Every run you will have some tweeking. These guys here on the forum will let me know if I'm wrong.

Use blue locktite on all of your bike's small screws for fenders, racks, etc. or any of the engine accessory bolted to the main triangle of the bike frame. Some of these engines buzz (vibrate) like crazy, some have vibration harmonics that coincide with cruising engine RPM's and you should always check your mounting bolts for the engine, chain idler and muffler after a ride. frankly the chain idler clamp should be drilled and the spot it clamps to on the left chainstay drilled and tapped to receive a 4 mm Allen machine screw to make sure it's doesn't rotate into your rear wheel. I'd do this after you've aligned and obtained the best chainline from engine to rear sprocket.

Back