New rules for e-bikes in Pennsylvania.

I guess I will scrap both of mine, never were used, built all the parts of the drive systems from scratch with my machine shop, not worth all the trouble, get one answer from penndot, another from the cops.....

I guess I will scrap both of mine, never were used, built all the parts of the drive systems from scratch with my machine shop, not worth all the trouble, get one answer from penndot, another from the cops.....
Mike. I would be glad to help you scrap out the 2 projects that you have started. I'm not the machinist that I believe you are but I would like to see them through to a couple of "moped's" you know. MY NAME IS ROBERT I WOULD TO REGISTER MY MOPED'S. They both have VIN numbers which only resemble the Schwinn serial number but both have a displacement of 48.5 cc and have a rated horse power of 1.45 hp. Both mopeds have a design speed of 23 mph (+/- 2 mph). Although note required I have a letter from my local motorcycle inspection station stating both MOPED'S have all working lights, horn, and brakes. Here is 18 dollars 9 dollars for each reg plate. Thank you, and you also have a nice day.
Is that kinda of what you meant Barn fresh?
I only wish it was that easy .
The first thing I was asked was that I needed to have a VIN NUMBER that is on the title.
She wouldn't license "My Moped" unless it had a title in the first place. That's when the special inspection home built stuff comes into play. Although I think I will use the bike serial numbers for the filing VIN NUMBER. I MADE UP AN OFFICIAL LOOKING plate similar to a replacement boat weight HP limit plate you can get from the state when refurbishing the boat. But this plate states motor cubic centimeters 48.5
Motor Brake Horse power 1.45
Motor design speed less than 25 mph.
All we wanna do is to connect with a time 40 years ago when we should've been playing but I believe most of you guys were like me. We were already working trying to make that first million. Forget them. I gonna ride my lil stroker like I stoll it, I can afford a ticket. It's not like they can take my Harley away.
Have fun boys!

Mike. I would be glad to help you scrap out the 2 projects that you have started. I'm not the machinist that I believe you are but I would like to see them through to a couple of "moped's" you know. MY NAME IS ROBERT I WOULD TO REGISTER MY MOPED'S. They both have VIN numbers which only resemble the Schwinn serial number but both have a displacement of 48.5 cc and have a rated horse power of 1.45 hp. Both mopeds have a design speed of 23 mph (+/- 2 mph). Although note required I have a letter from my local motorcycle inspection station stating both MOPED'S have all working lights, horn, and brakes. Here is 18 dollars 9 dollars for each reg plate. Thank you, and you also have a nice day.
Is that kinda of what you meant Barn fresh?
I only wish it was that easy .
The first thing I was asked was that I needed to have a VIN NUMBER that is on the title.
She wouldn't license "My Moped" unless it had a title in the first place. That's when the special inspection home built stuff comes into play. Although I think I will use the bike serial numbers for the filing VIN NUMBER. I MADE UP AN OFFICIAL LOOKING plate similar to a replacement boat weight HP limit plate you can get from the state when refurbishing the boat. But this plate states motor cubic centimeters 48.5
Motor Brake Horse power 1.45
Motor design speed less than 25 mph.
All we wanna do is to connect with a time 40 years ago when we should've been playing but I believe most of you guys were like me. We were already working trying to make that first million. Forget them. I gonna ride my lil stroker like I stoll it, I can afford a ticket. It's not like they can take my Harley away.
Have fun boys!
See if this helps: https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/PA_Title_Walkthrough

Hi Motorbike54, I couldn't find the section that you quoted in pennsylvania regulations on assisted pedacycles and gas engines on the net, can you enlighten me please where to find it, pennsylvania love to regulate everything to death, gone round and round with penndot via emails for months on this. The laws changed on electrics and they no longer considered mopeds but couldn't find any exception on gas bikes, thanks, mike gensel

Hey man, I'm trying to put a 4-stroke on my bike and well, turn it into a legal MOPED. I don't wanna get pulled over in my county (Delaware County, PA) where the cops in my town like to pull you over just because they can. I wanna get mine titled and registered, but apart from a receipt for the bike and for the engine, I go no other paperwork. I heard my serial number on the frame can work out as a VIN as well. There's also an enhanced inspection station near me as well. Do I need to go to that enhanced inspection station to get a valid VIN? I'm confused as to where I can start. If you could write a guide or something, or tell me how to go about this, I'd appreciate it man!

Back