New Show-Me State Member

M

mrchuc

Hello,

I have been reading this forum for two or three weeks now so I am about half way through the recommended 30 day beginner's course. I guess it is time to introduce myself.

I currently have an electric assist bike, the Giant Suede E. It does okay, but I need something a little more versatile. So I am hanging out here to see what kind of high mileage, super low polluting engine I can put on a bike. I have already gotten some ideas, but I still feel pretty lost on the forum. I'll keep reading. Doubt if I will post anything for quite a while. Kind of afraid of making missteps.

I live in an inner ring suburb of St. Louis, so scooters and bikes are great transportation. My wife and I only own one car, so I get to work most days via scooter or the electric bike. I use public transportation when the weather is too dangerous to ride on two wheels. My wife rides a scooter pretty often as well, but she doesn't ride when there is any hint of bad weather. I ride in rain or cold--but not both. My scooter gets 70+ mpg, but I want to do even better. The electric bike of course is very efficient, but it is not very powerful and I would like to have just a little more speed. The electric pulls me consistently at 11.5 mph without pedaling. With me pedaling it goes a little faster (and farther) I also want more range than it gives an overweight guy like me.

Thanks for all the information you folks have already given me. I hope I can contribute something in the future as well.

All the best...

Chuc

Welcome to MBc and your presence is a contirbution. Good luck on your search. You can always PM someone you think might be able to answer your question(s). As you cantell there are some very smart people here who love to answer questions.

Back