Jackshaft new sponsor's jackshaft kit

Interesting idea!

I ship ASAP when the money hits. If I get paypal tomorrow PM, it will ship the next day.

thanx man it would have been too good to be true so i guess ill be ordering this kit from you next week i hope they will still be available thanx for the help

eltatertoto,
You do not need a grinder or a file. The file is nice to have to put the extra flats on the shaft but is recommended, not required. It is mostly so when you tighten the set screw it doesn't bugger up the shaft making the sprockets hard to remove or adjust. The clutch plate can be easily trimmed with a box knife or tin snips. The kit really is pretty easy to assemble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Pablo and Ghost0, you have done a fantastic job of getting this brilliant jackshaft into production!! I can still remember the thread where you were thinking about it. I'm not promising anything yet but, I really want one!! Would you ship to the UK? Building my second bike soon and this would be the ultimate addition to any build. The website looks very clean and professional. The downloads section is very good too!

Well done guys.

Fastboy

Really a budget Nivinci, but that makes it all the more interesting. Nuvinci isn't within reach for most of us yet. We have thousands of MB'ers stuck in 1 gear for years now.

This raises the bar and Pablo and Ghost kicked butt and took initails on this project. I know because I'm a fabricator and I'm working behind the scenes on some really radical stuff too. I'm working late into the night every night on MB stuff to be released. I have yet to release anything because as Ghost says
Design is easy, execution the hard part

I have more than one brilliant MB projects sitting in my living room its only a matter of time and money for me, but when I get burned out and think it will never get done I see stuff like this and say yea! It can be done.

Gearheads like Dax, Pablo and Ghost are my mentors from a distance.

Do not know what you mean by stock crank. The kit comes with a new aluminum crank and front freewheel assembly. If you have the old standard 3 piece assembly it will bolt right in, if you have the new cartridge style there are conversion kits for that and even if you have an older 1 piece assembly there are conversion kits for that too. Conversion kits go for between $10 and $17 USD.

I've been doing nothing but thinking about this kit lately. At my bike shop where I bought a tire and a safety flag,I was checking out cruisers. They have this one with a three speed hub but no controls on the handlebars. So I'm scratching my head and there's this little box under the frame. The dude there tells me this is an auto shift three speed with coaster.
I asked if I can test ride it and in return allowed the employee dude to ride Cronus and it shifts like it's not even shifting. Your pedaling along and your bike just goes faster and your not pedaling any faster.
Man I'm thinking this would make such a cool candidate for that shifter kit.
Imagine your China engine keeping a low RPM while your bike simply goes faster. Then when you stop it goes back to 1st gear.
And nothing to shift.
I can keep the coaster,install a front brake and the handlebar would only have the clutch cable and the front brake cable.
Man. I need to cut some lawns!
(edit) Wait. You can't use the coaster with this kit. That's cool. I'll freewheel it and get a rear brake. I'm sure this won't affect the gearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
LFL, pluses and minuses. On the plus side, if the bike shifts automaticaly, I would think it could be argued that it is legal as a motor assisted bike because the rider has no shift control for the assist drive. On the minus side - Would the hub be strong enough to handle the power from the motor?

Back