New St. Cloud, MN MB Rider!

rman1064

Local time
6:31 AM
Hi! This is rman1064 here and I just completed my MB that is built from a 49cc HT engine kit that is mounted on a 26" Schwinn Ranger bike (no, not the good Schwinn, but the "Target brand" Schwinn that is made by Pacific Cycle, so not a loss of a great bike).

I have created a custom lighting system that is controlled by a microcontroller (I can't help it! It's my hobby!) that consists of head and tail lights, signals, brake, and even hazard lights. There is a small horn (which is just a beeper from RadioShack right now until I can get a actual moped horn) that is used with the 12 volt battery system that is on this bike. I am still in the process of modifying the magneto so that I can obtain 12V at idle from the white wire so I can charge the battery and power the lighting. This will involve adding some coil wire to the magneto and hooking it to the part where the white wire connects to the magneto in order to provide more voltage and power for my system. More details will follow when I get results...

I know I am going above and beyond for my lighting, but it is exciting to create a program for something new to control (all of you microcontroller junkies out there will understand!).

I am hoping for long life and reliability out of this engine (and I have changed out some parts and gaskets when I was building this MB to give it a longer life) for many years to come!

Happy riding!

-rman1064

Welcome to the site! :D I'm sure many of us could use your electronics-expertise! :cool:

PM me if you wanna ride--it's nice to know someone in town who's got an MN, and I'd love to check out your lighting system...

Quick pics

Here are a couple pics showing what my MB looks like. There have been a couple things added since this picture (the lighting controller and battery under the tank and an idler pulley) and I will upload them as soon as I have a picture.:)

Attachments

• DSC00090.jpg
    DSC00090.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC00091.jpg
    DSC00091.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 102
Back