New style engine.

i have one!

mine is one of the early designs, (you can tell by the way the horse is shaped)
ive port matched it and it runs very well! (has gotten me 40 mph)
i think its a better design then the 2 piece designs.

give it a chance, trust me. you will love it after a while.

yeah heard that too
probly could put a regular cylinder on but other than match gasket to case n jug whole can of worms to do anything else, ,
looks like its just for hands off ppl like the electric start BT is same
I haven't checked the bolt centers, but it does look like you could put a reg. cyl. on. Say if you wanted to do a new top end. You would need to drill and tap the case to 8mm, or find a 6mm jug. I guess I should just try one out to see how it runs. I might be making a big deal out of nothing.

Well here's a update. Got a email form BMW "Matt" this morning with a apology. He said he is sending return labels for the engines and sending the other engines ASAP. I can't say enough about the courtesy and promptness of their customer service to this point. I will be posting it on the reviews as soon as the whole transaction has run it's course.

i have one!

mine is one of the early designs, (you can tell by the way the horse is shaped)
ive port matched it and it runs very well! (has gotten me 40 mph)
i think its a better design then the 2 piece designs.

give it a chance, trust me. you will love it after a while.
Thanks for the info Mark. They are already sending return labels so I can't go back now without seeming like a dick. I do know there are some similar to these but have a separate head and the one I ran across ran great. It had about 1.5mm more blowdown than these have. Their is just something about the 1 piece design that bugs me. Probably just cause I'm a old fart, and don't take well to change without being able to clearly see the improvement.

Back