New Throttle Idea.

Same here, except that I wouldn't flip the bar but I might resell it and try a different one. It would lose all value if I drilled a hole in it.

I thought of flipping the bar to see how it feels once I get my laid back seat post and mount my free test seat I have. I probably will leave it upright though

The cheap plastic twister that comes with the kit is prone to "brittle plastic failure".
When mine failed, I resorted to a cheap lever shifter as my throttle lever like this:
Mountain-bike-Trigger-Shifters-15-18-21-Speed-font-b-Shift-b-font-font-b-Levers.jpg

I just backed off the tension screw.

Now I am using a cheap Ebay/Ali-express ATV lever throttle like this with great happiness.
comando-acelerador-atv-universal.jpg

The cheap plastic twister that comes with the kit is prone to "brittle plastic failure".
When mine failed, I resorted to a cheap lever shifter as my throttle lever like this:
Mountain-bike-Trigger-Shifters-15-18-21-Speed-font-b-Shift-b-font-font-b-Levers.jpg

I just backed off the tension screw.

Now I am using a cheap Ebay/Ali-express ATV lever throttle like this with great happiness.
comando-acelerador-atv-universal.jpg
Yeah I was thinking about using a thumb throttle like on ATV's, but for now my brake lever works. Maybe when I get around to making my chainsaw bike I'll use one of them ATV throttles.

Yeah I was thinking about using a thumb throttle like on ATV's, but for now my brake lever works. Maybe when I get around to making my chainsaw bike I'll use one of them ATV throttles.
I've personally had both throttles and the thumb throttle simply failed to compare.

Back