New to carburetors PWK21 Hp (help)

JustaGuy

Local time
12:25 PM
Hey guys new to this forum!

I recently took up the hobby of building a bike and already have quite a few upgrades (mz pipe, high compression head, kinda-ported cyclinder)

Problem is the engine seems to 4 stroke at high rpms and i would like to upgrade to a new carburetor as well.

I am currently looking at the PWK21 32 mm High performance carburetor; which i would be pairing with a OZ 32mm reed valve. (The reed valve narrows to 19mm so it will fit) Would this combination also provide more HP?

- The problem is i do not know which jets to buy and what size and i am afraid to take guesses as i have spent too much on junk that cant be used :(

And if all else fails i may stick to buying the NT Speed carb as an upgrade

Thank you and sorry for asking so much for my first post haha :)

LINKS:

Someone should hopefully come along soon that has one of those PKW21 carburetors...Be prepared to answer any questions that come up like, What are your reasons for wanting to change the carby that you already have???, What kind of motor are you wanting to put it on???, etc.

The Bofeng high performance speed carb is NOT 19mm, it fits a 19mm o.d. intake and is only 16mm at best, same as the old speed carb.

Hey guys new to this forum!

I recently took up the hobby of building a bike and already have quite a few upgrades (mz pipe, high compression head, kinda-ported cyclinder)

Problem is the engine seems to 4 stroke at high rpms and i would like to upgrade to a new carburetor as well.

I am currently looking at the PWK21 32 mm High performance carburetor; which i would be pairing with a OZ 32mm reed valve. (The reed valve narrows to 19mm so it will fit) Would this combination also provide more HP?

- The problem is i do not know which jets to buy and what size and i am afraid to take guesses as i have spent too much on junk that cant be used :(

And if all else fails i may stick to buying the NT Speed carb as an upgrade

Thank you and sorry for asking so much for my first post haha :)

LINKS:

Go with the pwk it's much more tunable with pilot jet main jet and emulsion tube all being able to be swapped and air flow and and idle can be tuned I've used this carb on a zeda 80 dio reed and now have it on my phantom 85 it give a really good kick all around performance low end middle and high end just screams threw them all I personally love this carb the only thing is jetting can be a lil tricky to find the. Right just measure the threads of the jet it comes with (mine was 5mm) the head of the main jet doesn't have to be the same size as long as the threads fit it's ok also I recommend drilling out the lil hole the pilot jet gets fuel from theres tons of youtube. Videos showing how one thing though I cannot get this carb to idle with or without that hole I have no air leaks either it just doesn't seem to want to idle no matter what I do

Also look into your cdi something with a retarded curf should help you with the four stroking or retard the time of your magneto that's what did the trick for me anyways

Go with the pwk it's much more tunable with pilot jet main jet and emulsion tube all being able to be swapped and air flow and and idle can be tuned I've used this carb on a zeda 80 dio reed and now have it on my phantom 85 it give a really good kick all around performance low end middle and high end just screams threw them all I personally love this carb the only thing is jetting can be a lil tricky to find the. Right just measure the threads of the jet it comes with (mine was 5mm) the head of the main jet doesn't have to be the same size as long as the threads fit it's ok also I recommend drilling out the lil hole the pilot jet gets fuel from theres tons of youtube. Videos showing how one thing though I cannot get this carb to idle with or without that hole I have no air leaks either it just doesn't seem to want to idle no matter what I do
You should never drill that hole in the body, that is an air bleed circuit it does not feed the pilot jet, the pilot jet meters the fuel pulled from the bowl. The correct size pilot jet along with the air screw gets the idle setting.

Someone should hopefully come along soon that has one of those PKW21 carburetors...Be prepared to answer any questions that come up like, What are your reasons for wanting to change the carby that you already have???, What kind of motor are you wanting to put it on???, etc.
I will don’t worry I’m just kinda new to this yk!

Back