new to forum

tigatron

Local time
9:41 AM
Hello all.
I have a Schwinn Typhoon cruiser with a 66cc no name motor kit and for the most part its great but... some stuff keeps ratteling loose (like the exhaust) and ive got lock washers on everything but its not enough. Is it safe to use locktight? If so what type?

The next issue i have is its too fast (yes i said too fast).
The law here is top speed of 30mph with a +/- 5mph buffer.
I got off with a verbal warning the other day as the cop couldnt beleave he clocked me doing 42mph (with a gps i have recorded 42.2-43mph max speed on flats)
I currently have a stock 44T rear sprocket and am trying to figure out what size i should order to get closer to 35mph top speed (a boost in torque wouldnt heart either seeing as im a tad over 200lbs and takeoff and hills are a bit annoying.

Hi Tig, welcome to Motoredbikes!
You might think about not going full throttle all the time.
Your motor will last longer.
Blue locktite is considered removable.

I'd like to know what size wheel that 44T sproket is attached to. I am running 700c wheels, with a 44T, and it wants to cruise at about 30mph. And my motor is running well at a pretty high RPM. I never go WOT.

=Timbone=

Thanks i'll look into blue locktight.

Ive been running this china girl for 2.5 years now and have had many wheel/tire combos i have been running a bontreger hank rear and forte city slick on front (those over cruiser tires was around ~7mph increase of top speed. This morning i swaped front tire to another hank and it slowed my top speed (topped out at 40mph) and has great handeling now.
I ran 700c wheels for a bit but it felt unstable and was slower than with the cruiser tires.
I rarely ever hit wot as ive never gotten this thing to tune out to the point that wot doesn't 4 stroke or some other weird stuff to where it slows down.

On a funny note my top speed is now 32mph and torque is great... the muffler flew off and left me riding half way to work and back home with only a head pipe. This thing is crazy loud now.
Trying to find a decent performance & price exhaust to order when i get paid.
Any ideas? Hoping to find something better than stock for $60 or less or I'll just get the muffler welded back on if its not to badly banged up (i went back and picked it up but didnt have time to inspect it yet).

Last edited:
I added 2 1/2 feet of heater hose to the end of my muffler and topped it off with a small, round lawnmower muffler.The exhaust sounds much better and I got a significant performance boost.

I added 2 1/2 feet of heater hose to the end of my muffler and topped it off with a small, round lawnmower muffler.The exhaust sounds much better and I got a significant performance boost.
That's a crude way to see how an expansion chamber works to increase performance, an actual real expansion chamber exhaust will blow your sock off.

expansion_chamber.gif

http://sickbikeparts.com has them for under $80.
On a 66cc, cut the copper straight piece in half for the best tuning.

2_WhiteRaleighDoneL.jpg

I've got the same one that bikeberry sells. It's ok but needs to be modified to seal well at the cylinder side. I've heard the one that Arrow has is really good.

A little moding is no big deal.
The other one is supposed to be great but i dont like how it goes by the seat; if it could be installed upside down or something would be great.

There's no reason it couldn't be installed upside down, but it would exit right into your face if you did.

Back