New To it ALL

billintexas

Local time
2:37 PM
Hello all. I am trying the bike thing so I don't have the gas Blues at the pump any more. I gleaned all i could from the forums and it seems I have picked the Kaluna Blue DOg and of course the Stanton friction drive as my starter bike. I plan commuting 17 miles a day to work and home. I also metal detect as well as geocache so this is the ultimate expression to do them both.
Want to thank all you people for your inputting to this forum as it was my only source to truly make a decision.

Welcome to MBc. I think you'll be happy with a Staton kit. I do recomend that you set it up with two tension rods. Which motor are you getting?

I got the lit with both rods and the suburu 33.5 cc 4 stroke.Only problem was a bad kill switch shorted out from factory. I switched it out for a nice heavy duty bat toggle. Even mounted it in the original housing! Am having a blast at 220lb+ and the 7/8 drive wheel pulls me out to 22mph no problem. A steep hill ie 4+% made me almost exzert some pedeling.but it stayed above 12 mph then too. I think my grandson 14yr old 110lb likes it even better.It pulls him all over the subdivision.You know up hill down dale. So many people wave stare and really applaude you on these machines.
Say i got a lightly used izuzu amigo that might just be going up on blocks shortly folks.....

The kill switch I got with my Staton kit was rubbish also. Amazing considering the good quality of the rest of their components.
I might have to move my Subaru one of these days, so I can mow the grass growing around it.

Hi Bill. Welcome to MBc!
I have the same set up on a schwinn mountain bike with a rear slick tire. I got lucky with the kill switch. I have the 1" roller, my motors not broken in yet and so far I can only get 21 mph out of it. Fast enough for me.

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Back