New to it all

Wyola

Local time
3:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking (man that word sounds so creepy):eek: for a couple of weeks and finally got around to becoming a member. I live in Western Massachusetts. I always wanted a moped or a dirt bike when I was a kid but my parents wouldn't let me.:cry: I thought about getting a motorcycle but they are to powerful for my comfort level. And then I saw the light...:D

FedEx came to deliver my 50cc motor from Thatsdax today but I wasn't home. Hopefully they'll come back tomorrow. I'm going to put it on my 10(ish) year old Specialized Hard Rock that I have been riding for just as many years. I have very minimal mechanical experience but know that when I put my mind to a project I can accomplish it. All the tips and instructions I've read on this forum seem a bit overwhelming from this newbie perspective but I promised myself I would take my time and search the forum if I run into any snags.

Thank you all so much for such a valuable resource.

Keith

welcome Keith, yup that list will have you reading for days to come...good luck and thats the secret..allot of reading...good luck and happy motoring..:)

Hi Keith. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263&highlight=things+done+first+time

Back