New to motorised bikes (Hello! & little help)

Yes the needle with the c clip the top of the needle near the end is Lean and more too the middle of the needle is rich. and when you push the choke down with your thumb the choke is off that is how you need to run it.

Yes the needle with the c clip the top of the needle near the end is Lean and more too the middle of the needle is rich. and when you push the choke down with your thumb the choke is off that is how you need to run it.
I'll play around with that a bit later once I get everything sorted and want to fine tune the engine more.
On a scale of 1-10, how important is it to change the spark plug that came with the kit?

I'll play around with that a bit later once I get everything sorted and want to fine tune the engine more.
On a scale of 1-10, how important is it to change the spark plug that came with the kit?
The china spark plugs are hit and miss they can last a very long time or they can leave you stranded it all depends ngk's in the other hand will have a lot more reliability

I know using a heater hose works, but you shouldn't use it for much longer because it's not gasoline resistant and will slowly melt. You need a fuel line hose.

I have been staring at the fuel filter on other people's bikes here and been wondering about exactly that! Will get to that tomorrow morning along with heading to auto store for some clamps.

I am pretty sure at this point I got a vacuum leak, that's the only explanation I got to the unstable idle, I even spotted fuel where the carb is attached to the hose, but a hose clamp won't fix it for sure. Thing is, I attached 3/4 inch pipe into that, I had to stretch the hose a lot and some grease and heat as well, to get it on that and removing it after all the trouble to put it on is the last thing I want but I got to.
I was thinking of wrapping that end of with insulation tape but I have a feeling it'll will only slip out of place when I forced the hose back on or use teflon tape instead which I am currently leaning towards.
View attachment 87669

I noticed the engine takes much longer start up and stay alive when it's cold in the night.
This will help. Get your connections right then you can figure the other things out. Do this ASAP. Lean engines don't last long. 32-40mm Black Offset Intake Manifold Gasket For 49cc/66cc/80cc Motorized Bike | eBay

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I know using a heater hose works, but you shouldn't use it for much longer because it's not gasoline resistant and will slowly melt. You need a fuel line hose.
Won't be able to find one that wide, it's supposed to be temporary solution for now

I am
This will help. Get your connections right then you can figure the other things out. Do this ASAP. Lean engines don't last long. 32-40mm Black Offset Intake Manifold Gasket For 49cc/66cc/80cc Motorized Bike | eBay
I am trying to get in touch with someone locally if he has one.

I went ahead and got clamps and still have leaks (Slightly more stable idle maybe)
Broke the carburetor fins and had to glue it back on as I was trying to force it in along with the clamp.

Glued it back on with some reinforced teflon tape

Doing enough damage, deciding to just somewhat securely put it on for now

Weirdly enough even the other end that properly fits and is clamped on still leaks with the hose clamp

On a side note, did my first trip to and fro from work yesterday, it felt so good to go uphill on a twist of a throttle.

Attachments

• 20190529_134034_HDR.jpg
    20190529_134034_HDR.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 154
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
C
So at the time of purchasing the 2 stroke kit for my bike I really didn't know what I was getting myself into until spending the last 2 weeks putting it together and dealing with one issue after another. I realised there is a lot for me to learn and I should have hopped on to the forums before purchasing, which I didn't know existed (Like I said I really didn't know what I was getting into was bigger than it seemed)

Currently I am still a little off till I can take glory shots of my bike
View attachment 87664

Currently there is 3 things I am simultaneously tackling,
  1. Control my hatred for the tensioner without a spring of sort like the derailleur and chain rub with the pulley (Mainly the masterlink part)
  2. Getting familiar with using a clutch (I used to drive but it was an auto..)
  3. The wonko idle that calms down and goes all revvy on it's own again which makes setting the idle a complete pain
On a side note, my carb is attached using a heater hose due to lack of space.
View attachment 87665

My main goal at the time was to get something I don't need to pay for insurance and make it a daily (student) for work and groceries.
I am currently on a little break from university and I really didn't expect to spend the amount of time putting it together with the limited tools.

I am really looking forward to spending some time here and learn a lot more about these 2 stroke engines and playing around with them correctly!
Congrats man. Cheers. I wanna see it racing at 50mph. lol

get a pipe that will slide inside the carb you could cut the one off the intake that comes with the kit so you dont smash it

get a pipe that will slide inside the carb you could cut the one off the intake that comes with the kit so you dont smash it
The one with the kit is a small straight pipe, barely any surface area for the hose to clamp on to, let alone chop it.Iit does give me an idea to buy a pipe of that diameter and chop it but at that point I can just buy the offset intake manifold as well.

Still trying to get in touch with the guy locally here

Back