New to Motorized Bicycles; New to Forum

SeaRider

Local time
11:52 PM
When I was hit by the "one-two" shock of soaring gas prices - followed closely by the unpleasant discovery that parts are no longer available for my aged car - I began considering alternatives. MotoredBikes was one of the forums which helped me decide that a motorized bicycle is the correct transportation choice for me.

Similarly, the input here (and on other reputable sites) made me realize, first of all, that I wanted my first bike to be built for me; second, that reliability was my sole concern; and finally, that I wanted Pirate Cycles to build my bike for me.

The bike they chose for me is a Worksman with a 4-stroke EZM motor: basic and rugged, but elegant.

Thanks for providing such a great resource for motorized bike enthusiasts!

Attachments

• piratebike.JPG
    piratebike.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 125
Looks like that would be hard to steer. lol. 4 stroke is nice. i would paint that red some other color though. Very nice.

Thanks, Lazieboy. Actually, the "red" is sort of an orange, and it's plastic - part of the engine housing. I was a little leery of the black/orange/silver color scheme, but once I unpacked the bike and saw it for myself, I didn't find it objectionable at all.

And ddesens? Wrong pronoun: "she", not "he". ;)

Back