New to Motorized Bicycles

I tried FB market place, most of the bikes there around 50$ are asking for a rebuild of everything. Anything else is a used bike where everyone is trying to get what they paid for it.

I can only find the klunker for 145 at the lowest, I've had my eye on prices for that bike, just nothing as of yet

I agree with motorizedbikeguy. The Columbia Klunker is a good deal for the money. Solid bike with good brakes and susp. forks. Way better than nel lusso. If you go the Klunker route and buy the Zeda engine you will spend a little less than the umoto and have a way better bike.
View media item 61152

Can you cut off that small, secondary top tube? I like this bike too. And, being able to cut it allows you to have the option sometime in the future to put in a HS-142F or Predator. Finding a good used bike at a reasonable price is like a trip into fairy land. Literally, some of these Craiglist and FB sellers want to get more than or equal to NEW retail price because there is no cost to posting.

Also every time you hit a bump the chain will flex and shorten, jump around, will be a pain to keep tight...........Curt

Can you cut off that small, secondary top tube? I like this bike too. And, being able to cut it allows you to have the option sometime in the future to put in a HS-142F or Predator. Finding a good used bike at a reasonable price is like a trip into fairy land. Literally, some of these Craiglist and FB sellers want to get more than or equal to NEW retail price because there is no cost to posting.
Cutting off that bar is a bad idea unless you plan on welding in a new bar that can fit after the predator engine is installed.

Last edited:
I like the Klunker frame, not that I've built one, but I can see how it's the best thing posted so far.
The only thing I don't like about it is the head tube diameter limits the choice of forks that can be fitted. There are one or two reasonable forks that have a 1" steerer though.
The standard geared bike dropout width means the wheels can be upgraded. There's a plethora of decent used and new mountain bike wheels that will fit.
The lack of rear suspension is definitely a good thing.. Cheap bikes made to meet a price point should have as few gimmicks as possible. It would be expensive and/ or difficult to fit an engine into a frame with rear suspension anyway.

i really gotta get away from old schwinns and huffys. i should do the klunker. right now my chain is sawing away at my rear it wont be long till i must either paint and replace this frame with another huffy good vibration i scavenged.or swap it over to maybe a klunker. there just isn't enough roon on one of these rears compared to a multi speed bike .* funny my bike is a huffy good vibration but at 40 mph it vibrates so badly that i have elbow bursitis right now and am on medication which i feel is cause by this bike :) certainly a misleading name ** has anyone here tried filling their handlebars with silicone? i have read that motorcycle riders do this and also use something called a bar snake. this supposedly gets rid of a lot of the high frequency vibrations.

Last edited:
has anyone here tried filling their handlebars with silicone? i have read that motorcycle riders do this and also use something called a bar snake. this supposedly gets rid of a lot of the high frequency vibrations.
I haven't had any reason to try this type of thing, but I have heard of filling the ends of the bars with lead. I would hate to have to do that though. I would first look for the root cause of the vibrations. Is the crank as well balanced as possible? Piston, con rod lightened? Engine mounted as rigidly as possible? Ignition timed well? Tyre size and pressure probably has an effect on vibration too. I am sure some types of handlebar would flex more than others, and the less body weight pressing down on them the more they will vibrate. I have only experienced my own set up though.

I just filled them w#7 lead shot a few min ago. it took about 2 lbs. it does actually seem to deaden the real high rpm vibes. the crank gear is balanced well. the piston and rod I have left alone I am still learning motor stuff and am kinda scared to touch that kind of work. my engine is mounted well. my elbows are very bad from years of skateboarding and whacking them on rocks kayaking ( my right one broken 4 x. it just gets to me if I ride a lot and since this bike is fairly new and I am not working rt now I am riding enough it irritates that bad elbow.

Well you have metal on metal, With nothing to isolate the vibration. Should cut a used tire or something and place it in between the motor mounts to the bike frame.
Should cure it. Dunno, I'll learn about these things eventually

Back