New to Motorized Bicycles

motorcycle-bracket-mount-square-base-with-1-inch-rubber-ball-for-the-zumo-rider-urban-rider-add-socket-arm-and-u-bolt-base-hot.jpg

I was thinking of something like this :)

There is really no alternative to a metal on metal mount if you want your build to last. Even if the material doesn't break down over time, you're still putting a significant amount of extra stress on your engine by trying to isolate the vibration and heat to a small area of chineseum components. You want your engine to make as much contact with your frame as possible.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I like a bit of PVC if it needs it - compresses to be solid as metal, while still protecting from frame snapping.

as well wrap an old tire tube once around your frame before putting on the idler sprocket. that keeps it from twisting and going into spokes etc. the tube works wonders on the idler . as well if possible choose an idler that adjusts diagonally with double clamps on the frame.

I bought a bicycle. Now I'm quite aware that the bike has coaster brakes and that's okay as this is a project.

Only spent 104 after tax. I fell in love with it and new I wanted it. The tires are extremely nice, Locked up the brakes and no skid or slide. hard to force the brakes down. But It came to a very nice and smooth stop :)
IMG_20180714_114128.jpg

All blacked out.

Thoughts? Try not to burn me on the coaster brakes, It's something that can be disabled and swapped out for at any time, But I do intend to replace both rims and tires and use tubeless. Just not any moment soon as I want to get the main ordeal going.

I bought a bicycle. Now I'm quite aware that the bike has coaster brakes and that's okay as this is a project.

Only spent 104 after tax. I fell in love with it and new I wanted it. The tires are extremely nice, Locked up the brakes and no skid or slide. hard to force the brakes down. But It came to a very nice and smooth stop :)
IMG_20180714_114128.jpg

All blacked out.

Thoughts? Try not to burn me on the coaster brakes, It's something that can be disabled and swapped out for at any time, But I do intend to replace both rims and tires and use tubeless. Just not any moment soon as I want to get the main ordeal going.
Mind if I burn you on the fact that you can't lock up the brakes? I'm sorry but every bicycle or vehicle I've ever felt safe in/on was totally capable of locking up the wheels, if it can't lock up that means it surely isn't capable of stopping a wheel under load, your load to be exact.

Never been a fan of tubeless, convenient sure, until you put a quarter inch hole in the tire, no patching that on a trip. Nice thing about tubes is you can keep a spare or 2 and just replace and keep going, spare tires are a little less easy to carry, and they are so dirty! Handling and folding a used one up is not really fun. Being you are motorizing it there's no advantage to tubeless, the weight you'll save won't be felt by you and will get replaced with a 30 pound anchor to top it.

Well I'm sure I can lock it up, I just never hit the brakes super hard, Just hard enough to see what happens. I'll retest later. I have the rear wheel ready to disable the coaster brakes, but I have re decided that I will just leave it be.

I've talked with a massive amount of local cops and they have suggested for me to register the bike as a moped, I won't be bothered at that point and it will *help prevent theft.

Printing out this form: https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/VSA12m.pdf
Going to fill it out in the next few days and turn it in once the motor kit comes in on Monday. It'll look cool regardless with a tag mount.

IMG_20180714_114128.jpg

All blacked out.

You're clearly in a rush, so slap on a combustion engine and do your thing. :cool:

Well I'm sure I can lock it up, I just never hit the brakes super hard, Just hard enough to see what happens. I'll retest later. I have the rear wheel ready to disable the coaster brakes, but I have re decided that I will just leave it be.

I've talked with a massive amount of local cops and they have suggested for me to register the bike as a moped, I won't be bothered at that point and it will *help prevent theft.

Printing out this form: https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/VSA12m.pdf
Going to fill it out in the next few days and turn it in once the motor kit comes in on Monday. It'll look cool regardless with a tag mount.
Well when you use the brakes the bike should slow down, you passed that test then. The form indicates at the bottom you have an additional form to file, I am curious as to what your explanation may be to as why you don't have a title. It's against the law to lie but unfortunately I don't think they will accept the 'I made it at home' reason.. Maybe just be very vague and say 'I bought the bike as is, without a title available for it.' or something expressly true but not enough to give away certain secrets...

The officers told me to use the vin at the bottom and just request for a tittle lol.. So if that's what they said, I am doing it.

Back