New to Motorized Bicycles

1531234661868.png

There's a person offering me this bicycle for 25 USD. Any thoughts?

I want to reply to some of the comments in here, but I have to hurry up and head to work :/

I agree with motorizedbikeguy. The Columbia Klunker is a good deal for the money. Solid bike with good brakes and susp. forks. Way better than nel lusso. If you go the Klunker route and buy the Zeda engine you will spend a little less than the umoto and have a way better bike.
View media item 61152

that peugeot should be an easy build - not too comfortable looking, but a young guy probably wouldn't be bothered by that

frame is a bit thin, but some PVC padding in the mounts should work well

I personally took your word @crassius with bicycle types. Not to comfortable looking is a fact! But that's where money comes in with getting ingenious with modding the bike.

I need to do an inspection all over as something could be aluminum, or who knows the entire bike could be.

This is going to be my first build, I'm already considering that I might not keep the bike for a long time and instead sell it for a small profit to waste money where I want, Or I might fall in love with the bike. Person still never replied back to my post.

@kmanoni I will be going with that kit, I will also be requesting for the amount of torque needed, As I will be taking the motor apart and doing measurements of the crank plus the piston, if the piston is lower than 47mm I will be contacting them to get refunded as 47mm equals 72ish cc, anything practically right at that or higher is just fine...
I'm not to well with 2T stuff so I will have to read up on valves compared to a 4T. Overall, seems promising.

* I origanaly wanted a Tomos moped or something until I realized I couldn't afford it until I had found this photo that I believe came off this site:

motorbike5.jpg

Then I remembered what I wanted to do years ago >.<

I personally took your word @crassius with bicycle types. Not to comfortable looking is a fact! But that's where money comes in with getting ingenious with modding the bike.

I need to do an inspection all over as something could be aluminum, or who knows the entire bike could be.

This is going to be my first build, I'm already considering that I might not keep the bike for a long time and instead sell it for a small profit to waste money where I want, Or I might fall in love with the bike. Person still never replied back to my post.

@kmanoni I will be going with that kit, I will also be requesting for the amount of torque needed, As I will be taking the motor apart and doing measurements of the crank plus the piston, if the piston is lower than 47mm I will be contacting them to get refunded as 47mm equals 72ish cc, anything practically right at that or higher is just fine...
I'm not to well with 2T stuff so I will have to read up on valves compared to a 4T. Overall, seems promising.

* I origanaly wanted a Tomos moped or something until I realized I couldn't afford it until I had found this photo that I believe came off this site:

Then I remembered what I wanted to do years ago >.<
The Chinese motors are labeled 80cc but are either 66cc or 70cc. The one he listed is the 70cc model w/40mm stroke. If you are going to return it if lower than 72mm, save your time and look elsewhere.

the klunker is tits I may sell my bike and get one. the one picture above would be hard to mount an engine on in my opinion. it could be done but will be a difficult build. * the klunker with a in frame tank like a board track would be very nice I may build one...

Gotcha thank you! I seen the shocks, then the price and wanted to act on it. I had a bad feeling on space.

go to fb marketplace and buy a bike dude. seriously. I bet you can find a real cheep bike there. that's where I go and advise people to go. I bet there are a few for 50 bucks if you live near a city

Bro spend the little extra and get the klunker. Down tube on the avalon is going to be a pain in the ass. No disc. Frame geometry is going to be super tight, and the rear end is going to be washey as f*** with a 99 dol. rear susp. bike. Have I built one on the avalon frame? No, so I could be completely wrong. Would I recommend it. No. I have only built one on a Klunker. It's held up well. would I recommend it? Yes.

Back