New to motorized bikes..

Soss796

Local time
8:05 AM
Hey guys, I've recently purchased a 4 stroke 49cc motor kit and I'm waiting on its delivery. I was wondering what is the best way to break in this motor and most importantly what's the maximum range one should ride when its mounted on? My guess is 30-60 miles but I'm probably wrong. I understand they get more than 100 mpg, thanks

i've always just done quarter to half throttle for the first time until it needs the oil change which is around 10 hours of riding on it then i will slowly add more, also that 100MPG don't count on it

also with the stock tank i get 20-25 Miles and have LITTLE under half tank and this is with LOTS of hills to go up

Thanks that sounds like a good way to start things out. I also realized I didnt mention this motor is going in a cruiser bicycle if that changes anything

Hey guys, I've recently purchased a 4 stroke 49cc motor kit and I'm waiting on its delivery. I was wondering what is the best way to break in this motor and most importantly what's the maximum range one should ride when its mounted on? My guess is 30-60 miles but I'm probably wrong. I understand they get more than 100 mpg, thanks
well, i would vary the rpm (ie low mid and a little bit of WOT, like you would normally ride it, but less full thorttle lol)
the 100+ mpg thing is more of a marketing thing, your gas tank only holds like .4 gallons
and it will get you around 35miles (ie filled to the brim to flat empty)
the break-in period is around 3 tanks. then i would change the oil with some full sethetic stuff (walmart oil is good enough for these engines)
but if you have the $$ get some moible 1 or castrerol edge (do these oil make it better, not really, but its really nice oil)
if you have any questions, just ask this forum! lots of people are willing to help you out :)

also, you might want to put front brakes on that bike (if it doesnt have it already, some do, some dont)
trust me when i say this, a rear brake is good, but a front brake is better (i rode with only a rear brake for a while, then i got a 2in1 lever, changed my world completely!)
good luck on your build!

oh you can get upwards of 70mpg. I got more than that judiciously using throttle on a long trip with 48cc 2 stroke, tho after it was well broke in and light mods,, don't they come with 2.5L tanks? that's almost 2/3 gal

don't they come with 2.5L tanks? that's almost 2/3 gal

2.5L = 0.66043Gals 4L = 1.05669 Gals so one and a halfISH tank 2.5 + 1.5 L = 1 Gal

so i can see 60-80Mpg especially if tuned correctly, and your not a heavy set person like me going up hundreds of Hills just to see town.

I've averaged between 115 and 125 miles per gallon on my 4-stroke (HS49) since 2010. My bike and I are about 300lbs together, and I've heard of people getting better gas mileage than that. No special break-in procedure needed for that engine - just ride it as you like and as often as you want - and change the oil often while it's new. Any 10W30 should do fine for oil, and a quart holds enough oil for 4 oil changes.

Once the main jet and needle were leaned slightly, I got great mileage. I ran it daily 25 kms one way to work. I used to do a 100+ kms tour every so often in the evening.

Back