new to motorized biking

IMG_2443[1].JPGIMG_2442[1].JPGIMG_2441[1].JPGIMG_2440[1].JPGIMG_2439[1].JPGback to work on the bike tonight..I did have to take the engine back off once I had put the chain on and with a lazer pointer as a guide saw that I had to make the holes on the mount a 1/8" longer to the right..once I did that reinstalled everything..put the chain tensioner on...was rolling the tire and the chain keep sticking on the engine sprocket..thought the alignment was off someplace..double checked it..nope..put a bright light on the engine sprocket and then I saw the burrs on the it..got out the dremel and cleaned up all the burrs..rolls real nice now..just like it should..next I see I'm going to have to heat up the exhaust pipe and bend it to clear the chain..another time..hope you like the pics

yep..test fitted the exhaust pipe today and had to heat it up and bend it away from the chain..pretty easy task..the brace for the exhaust wouldn't reach the frame so I just bolted it the engine mount...easy enough fix..put on the grips and throttle and of course the throttle cable is about 10 inches too short..ordered it today. I also changed out the bars for the rear rider to a wider and more swept back bar..actually they are the bars from my Kawasaki Vulcan that I rode on the Bonneville Salt Flats last year..but that's another story. Also installed the chain guard..almost forgot it

Attachments

• IMG_2444[1].JPG
    IMG_2444[1].JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2446[1].JPG
    IMG_2446[1].JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 192
Love the 2 seater, looks great . I love my 4 stroke kit, far better then my old 2 stroke kit.
Does not go 40 PMH though but 20-30 PMH is fast enough for me. So I'm happy.
When that gearbox does go out, witch I have the same gearbox, a torque converter is the way to go .
You can get them off ebay for around $140.00,
They say our gear box sucks, I have put almost 600 miles on mine and it still works great, and I still have another 4 1/2 months on my warrantee. So I guess we will see.
Ill post as I go along. Once again love it .

Thanks for the comment Sam about my tandem. Does anyone make a belt drive to the rear wheel? My next motorized bike will be a single seater. I want to put sealed bearing in both of the wheels and to have the rear sprocket part of the hub not attached to the rear spokes. I had given thought to welding the sprocket on the rear hub when I was putting it together. I'll have to check out the gearbox on that site you mentioned. Thanks again.

Received the new longer throttle cable on Friday..and of course the connection at the throttle grip on the it is different than what came with the kit..had to take both of them apart to change things out..then cut six inches of the cable sheave off to make everything work...got it all assembled and it works nice and smooth...next is to hook up the cut off switch and the fuel supply..maybe work on that tomorrow if I feel up to it

you can buy them were the sprocket is part of the hub but there $50-$100.00. A little to much for me.
I would probley be cheaper to just weld it on. but if you would like pm me and ill send ya to where they are sold

Hi all, Tony from Rising Sun, Md here..been looking at motorizing a single rider bike and thought why not motorize one of the tandems I have here in the shed. Pretty sure from what I've read that the 4 stroke motor is the way to go with this. Would love to hear back from others who have done this to a tandem. I'll post a pic of the tandem I'm going to be using here later.
Check out this tandem. Its has frontwheel drive bumblebee on it.
http://www.bumblebeebolton.com/images/Gallery_pics/pages/BG5_jpg.htm

Finished Tandem

Tks for the post there Beachcruizer..I thought about going that route but it looks way to easy..plus it's a 2 stroke and the exhaust in front of me not to mention the noise from it...love those bars man..way cool....well..a after putting up 6 christmas trees(4 are full size) up in the house and then putting the lights on the house and the fencing...I took the tandem off the bike building stand...you know what that means...ITS FINISHED!...yipppeee...got the camera out to take some pics..lol..battery needs to be charged..it's charging now..and will take pics and post them..I "Thank You" all for your comments and suggestions during this build....makes the kit designed for a single bike work on a tandem required a bit more than I thought it would..but that's why we have brains and friends to solve problems. Hope you all like it. Will take it out of the basement and for a test ride when the weather permits it.

Attachments

• IMG_2447[1].JPG
    IMG_2447[1].JPG
    75 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2448[1].JPG
    IMG_2448[1].JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2450[1].JPG
    IMG_2450[1].JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2453[1].JPG
    IMG_2453[1].JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 194
Ordered some exhaust heat wrap last week and it arrived today..installed it on the exhaust pipe and most of the muffler this evening. Looks pretty good as it's black to match the bike.

exhaust wrap and fuel tank thoughts

Here's a pic of the exhaust wrap installed. Was looking over some of my previous post and see I forgot to say that when I inspected my fuel tank with a flashlight I was not happy with what I saw inside of it and ordered a tank coating kit and totally coated in the inside. I would have to say based on what I saw on the inside of my tank that it's a must do for every tank to keep the junk out of your fuel system. I also used a razor blade to cut off that lil filter built into fuel shut off as I'm using a nice in line filter. That way if there is a problem, I won't have to take it off see if it's clogged or not as it's not there.

Attachments

• IMG_2458[1].JPG
    IMG_2458[1].JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 198
Back