new to site, build around 10 bikes so far

dakota914

Local time
5:53 AM
so i decided to jump on a forum for these bikes, because im hooked. i ride with a buddy of mine, through the concrete jungle that is NYC - talk about a blast.

anyways ive been researching the crankshaft modification so you can apply your 21 gear mountain bike. any thoughts ? anyone try it before ?

also, if you're from NYC or westchester NY, lets make a crew.

Welcome to MBc, Dakota. First, you don't really have 21 functional gears. I have given this explanation many times before, but just can't remember where. You should run First gear #1 on front w/1-5 on rear...#2 on front w/1-7 on rear...and #3 on front w/5-7 on rear. That actually gives you 15 gears at most. The reason is that those combinations will keep the chain reasonably inline. If you try #1 on the front, with #7 on the rear, you will be far out of line, and have a lot of trouble with the chain and gears. As far as "hookinking" your motor into your 21 gears, I don't see any value in that. As it is, I have your 21 pedal gears (13-15 actually), and my Robin-Subaru EH035 4-stroke when I don't pedal. I really don't see what you might gain by tying the motor with the pedal gears! When you think hard about it, do you??

Back