new to the electric bike life

Hello and welcome to MBc.

When you get to it, tell us more about your bike. I'm running ICE bikes now but feel sooner or later I'll probably make the move to electric.

thanks for the welcome

a couple of years ago me and the missus made the decision to give up a car and live with just using bikes for transportation but living in arkansas pedaling with 90 degree heat in the summer and showing up for work all sweaty didnt seem like a good idea--so began my search for an electric bike that would work for us

I finally decided on a couple of folding ones from prodeco for many reasons and they have worked out great for us

some of the pluses of the bike

folds--we live in a apartment and space is at a premium

lifepo 4 batteries --long live-no heat issues-and no toxic waste when we finally have to displace them

bike seems to be a well built with great components

the town we live in a flat--really flat biggest hills being the freeway overpasses so we could go with a very small motor-200watt and the town also being small a big battery wasnt needed-farthest I have to travel it to work about 6 miles it is even less for her-so the 17 mile range on the bike is more then adequate for our needs

we did buy a trailer from aosom for big shopping trips and laundry ect which has worked out really well

I have to say while it took awhile for us to make the jump it has been really easy to actually do

Last edited:
Good for you. The world would be a better place if more people followed your lead. I could do without a car with almost no problem at all. It might be a pain in January, but I'd work around it. But my wife won't hear of it. And I'm pretty sure that she'd make me pay for it one way or the other.

I'm a former internal combustion engine guy who's made the switch to electric. I think it's better.

Welcome to the forum. I am an ICE rider too but will get an ebike kit one day. The ebikes seem to work out great for apartment dwellers.

Back