New to the forum, have a few questions about a first project

Mully415

Local time
11:49 AM
Hello everybody!

I'm new to the forums, and to the the whole motorized bike hobby in general; I had several questions about what I hope'll be my first (of many :D) builds.
I have the ability to purchase a Kulana Moon Dog cruiser, in green, with a frame slightly different than what appears to be the more standard orange color.
The general consensus seems to be that Moon Dogs make for excellent first projects, is this mostly-true? How easy is it to install an engine on these things? I've heard that on the orange ones you need to punch a few holes into the frame to mount the motor, is this also the case for the green version?

Regarding the kits, where do people generally tend to get 'em?
I found what appears to be the standard-setup on Amazon, is this kit any good?

Any help is appreciated, thanks a million in advance everyone!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I suggest reading more posts, and ads. Many kits are similar service * after * the sale is important . ** Do Not Drill ** bike frames are brittle steel, and crack prone. Brazing [ steel frame ] is best. Some metals become very crack prone after electric welding.

I suggest you buy from a distributor with many other associated parts just to be supportive of those who are most invested in this hobby.

We all have our favorite bicycles, engine kits and sources. Different members will give very different answers. That's why V 35 correctly told you to do more reading on this site. After an hour of reading you will have a good idea of what will work for you.
The only bike I wouldn't recommend is the Del Lusso and others like it that have a cargo rack welded onto the rear seat stay

Back