New to the forum

rking.1688

Local time
6:47 AM
Hello, and thanks for having me. My name is Ryan and I'm from Ohio. Looking to build a vintage styled board track racer to enjoy. Main goal is to get it street legal and be able to run around close to home and enjoy during the summer months. Any suggestions for someone completely new to motored cycles would be appreciated. I have already spent some time reading sticky threads as a new member and look forward to learning more.

Thanks,
Ryan

Welcome to the forum. Street legality has been a bit tricky in Ohio, if memory serves.

Welcome to the forum. Street legality has been a bit tricky in Ohio, if memory serves.

You are somewhat correct. Less than 49cc and under 20 mph I can take a motored bike on the road with a valid drivers license. 50-100cc they consider a moped and I have to have tags and insurance. Anything else (and what I would like to build) is considered a motorcycle by Ohio law. Still trying to figure out how to go about my project because of that.

The first thing you need ask yourself is what is your budget.

A 49cc 4-sroke shifter on a powder coasted Grube gas tank frame with disc brakes will set you back $1100.

2_RedGT2doneL.jpg

I sold it for $1,500.

The first thing you need ask yourself is what is your budget.

A 49cc 4-sroke shifter on a powder coasted Grube gas tank frame with disc brakes will set you back $1100.

2_RedGT2doneL.jpg

I sold it for $1,500.

What a wonderful bike! Really beautiful! ;)

Hello, and thanks for having me. My name is Ryan and I'm from Ohio. Looking to build a vintage styled board track racer to enjoy. Main goal is to get it street legal and be able to run around close to home and enjoy during the summer months. Any suggestions for someone completely new to motored cycles would be appreciated. I have already spent some time reading sticky threads as a new member and look forward to learning more.

Thanks,
Ryan
Good to see someone else from Ohio. Just built first bike a few months ago. Have made a few twenty miles trips on back roads in Holmes county. Lots of hills using a bikeberry motor on a mountain bike.

Are you selling this bike?
No, that's an already delivered customers build.
I have one last customer build to get out the door because we are moving the 13th.

It close to being done, and likely my last build.

RedRacerPartialEngine.jpg

HS 144-1G 53cc 4-stroke with my long shaft 10G transfer case.

A 49cc 4-stroke and a 4G and you'll be fine.
I get mine from bicycle-engines.com, they advertise here.
Good Luck!

Back