New to the hobby and forum

bunnyman666

Local time
6:13 AM
Hello- I just bought a Bikeberry frame and mags, and I am on my way to a new addiction.

After much research, it seems that unless you buy from a third party, it seems that you have to nearly rebuild almost any China doll engine, no?

I also want something useable that can take straight pump fuel with no additives; sounds like a four stroke.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome newbie Zucker

Attachments

• 1627241710305.jpg
    1627241710305.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 122
If you were to do a shift kit build. Your name indicates you're the perfect builder for the 4 speed freewheel.

Thread '4 Speed Freewheel' https://motoredbikes.com/threads/4-speed-freewheel.58615/
I know a guy who has had a shoppe for the last 40 years who probably has those parts NOS! Jackshaft seems like a great addition. The mech hanger is bent on this frame; otherwise it would be a great candidate for a jackshaft/shifter bike.

I am going for a 70s Kawasaki feel on this bad boy and I may add a jackshaft after learning how to build and wrench these things. It’s a very smart design you have for the freewheel. I appreciate the link!

Just remember, you're on a bike. Also, many members here will gladly give advice, but like the bad vendors no one is gonna buy you a new motor when you blow it up with their advice. An if any goat with duct tape gives you advice, remember cpu fans ain't gonna turbo charge ya ride. 😆

Just remember, you're on a bike. Also, many members here will gladly give advice, but like the bad vendors no one is gonna buy you a new motor when you blow it up with their advice. An if any goat with duct tape gives you advice, remember cpu fans ain't gonna turbo charge ya ride. 😆
It sounds like a lot of buyer beware LOL Seriously- in the end, it’s on my scrawny shoulders if I take half-baked advice. I have a funny feeling I will learn the way I did with wrenching bikes and building composites: solid instruction, solid execution, then a few gaffes, and proficiency in a few years. I am a hard way learner in some cases.

It sounds like a lot of buyer beware LOL Seriously- in the end, it’s on my scrawny shoulders if I take half-baked advice. I have a funny feeling I will learn the way I did with wrenching bikes and building composites: solid instruction, solid execution, then a few gaffes, and proficiency in a few years. I am a hard way learner in some cases.
Best way to do it, on ya own. A teacher cannot teach any thing no matter how hard they try. Its up to the one learning. Its why i really stopped trying to teach, not many wanna learn. Most think they know, and they are mistaken. A truly intelligent person knows they have a lot to learn regardless. So all those people saying they know they been doing it forever, well most but not all are going to be sub par. For the wise know they don't know everything. An yeah lots of buyer beware out there. Shop sensibly, shop s-mart!!! 😆

Back