new to the site but have a bike!

corbo

Local time
8:24 AM
hey everyone im from kansas and im 19.. i just wanted to say hey and let you guys know im about to build my second mb, im gonna try to do a bmx bike. i have seen a couple done, but im gonna try to do it with the 66cc kit.. im just worried about maybe having to do some frame mods. anyway here is the bike i have now! comments pleease

it all started out with this about 5 months ago. its got a 49cc motor

r4710.jpg

after i built a custom frame from scratch this is what i ended up with

moped1.jpg

then paint and instillation of everything

moped2.jpg

and this is what i have now. shortened frame, different wheels, and a new handle bar

moped.jpg

thanks for lookin! :D

Hey, another Mongoose. That's some heavy duty customizing. What did you use for engine, drive etc?

i dont see no peddles.is that a break fluid bottle for a gas tank?
in the last pic the sprocket on the motor looks huge.am i seeing that right?

the engine is off of one of those chinese pocket bikes.. 49cc. the transmission on the motor uses a centrifugal clutch and its just a one speed. i dont need pedals, i can start from a stop easily. the huge sprocket on the motor is actually another mountain bike gear set thing.. i wanted to be able to mess with gear ratios easily, so i have 5 gears on the motor and 7 on the wheel.. and ya it is a brake fluid bottle lol i didnt have much else and have yet to pick up a real tank. i built this in about 4 days, so im still goin back and changing little things on it, and i would love to have a different drive system, mine is pretty sketchy.

yea i guess thats true.. i just wish it wasnt a one speed. i wanna go faster lol

Back