New to the site!

Americanhero

Local time
6:33 AM
Hi, I just found this site and I'm hoping that I may be able to find some info about a bike I have, and see what steps I may have to go through to restore it.
I have a 1949 Monark Supertwin that has been sitting for the last 55 years. My dad had it from new. I have the original registration and booklet that came with it. I had the thing running about 15 years ago, but my mother wouldn't let me do anything with it, so it went back in the garage until after she passed away. I now have it at home and am contemplating a restoration.
Any help would be appreciated about where to start.

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 166
whoa! that is quite a bike! theres two areas specifically for your kind of bike, heritage lane and the whizzer section, there you will find loads of information and loads of people who would love to help! welcome aboard your going to love it here

Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

What a beauty! After studying the the whizzer section, feel free to "ask away"

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263&highlight=things+done+first+time

Had the same exact bike brand new as a kid back in 49. Kept it 2 years and sold it for 50 bucks (no brains) There's a picture of me on it in one of the forums. Bought another one in 1998 (rusty mess for 1500.00). Totally restored it but wound up selling it a few years later. Did a Cushman, and now have a Whizzer/Monark i'm finishing up. But that old Supertwin is still my favorite. Take good care of that one.

welcome americanhero, good luck on your restoration project...that is a cool one... Happy motoring...

Wow!

Beyond cool. Fantastic project, you will find lots of information here. Welcome!

Back