new to these bikes

brrraaappp

Local time
2:23 PM
Easy ? I hope.. got a new kit.. wouldnt start.. so i did all the normal checks.. first... no spark and fuel leak in the carb.. came damaged. . Got upgrades for all that . Gettin fuel .. has spark and light off white wire is strong out of the motor.. 12v upgrade ... have tryed least 5 new plugs.. but when i put the spark plug back in the light does not light up.. so i watched bunch of you tube.. also i could push the bike by hand with clutch out as if to start it.. i read few things that said it should drag the back tire not roll.. it had more resistance but did roll.. all i could think was clutch.. so i watched more youtube to c how it came apart .. took cover off pulled nut off and plate at this point i realized a spring found in all the videos i pulled up was not in the cluth... does that spring also provide force to engage the clutch to the motor? And could it cause the start problem? ? This kit came missen so many parts i couldnt even list them all.. but im thinkin if its not engaged right motor doesnt kick under pressure.. im new to 2 cycle but not to motors..can any one offer any great ideas ordered new clutch already. . Im sure no spring would tear it up fast but could it be the problem? Thanks for any ideas you may have in advance. .3 weeks.. 6 miles pedaled not one pop.. :( help.. ???

not sure how you're wired, but if you have white wire connected to anything, it often will not start

newer mags have gotten rid of white wire

try hooking blue to blue & black to black with no kill switch wired & no white wire hooked to anything & see if it starts

oh, and that spring is nice to prevent rattling, but not critical

Yea i tryed taken kill out i tryed taken white out still not a single pop.. what really jus has me confused is why my power n spark are there with the plug out soon as it goes in not a single flicker of the light or sign of spark.. but i believe i have tryed every fix i could find online so far.. n replaced all components in spark and gas.. jus ordered a new motor 2 so now i ll have 2 of everything.. i almost feel like the kit i got could have been sent back by someone else after they took what they need off.. gaskets springs bolts.. cable.. messed up carb.. jus seems like 2 much wrong in one box..

Had white off all together when i started but i seen a guy who couldnt run without it.. so i said hell with it n wired it up.. but it does seem to work well to show spark and with it on i still have a very strong purple blue spark.. but no clue why once its back in motor no light and no spark.. not even a single poof of smoke.. been lil over 3 weeks of tryin.. jus to b sure it wasnt me i rebuilt a 2 cycle motor for a weed wacker took 4 hours good as new.. :/

I've seen a lot of dead CDIs lately - right from the factory they are born dead or die within a couple minutes - usual symptom is they get so weak that they'll only spark if bike is rolling at 20mph to start it

I suspect that one leg of the full wave rectifier is going bad & it's only getting 1/2 power - many kit sellers will replace it free.

Is there a good test to check for this i did check volt reading at the light i had 12v with every spark last night i do heating ac and electrical work so im good with a meter. Out of the bike great spark in nothin.. hey what about a toe start ?? Sounds lil crazy but ill try it.. lol got 5 days b4 my new clutch gets here and 8 days for new motor.. but i still gotta figure this out.. gonna rebuild clutch tonight n try again..

N this is now third cdi i have put in this bike all same result all diff sellers and brand.. seem like more of a project just to get it on..

I've no idea where you are getting 12 volt from, or what 'light' you're referring to - pics might help.

My coil n cdi are 12 volt not 6 for the output.. i was testing at light to ground. And had 12 every spark.. at light. Wat if my cluch wasnt tight enough out of the box? Could that b my problem.. pads in there didnt look evenly warn mabee it was slipping?

Hhahahahaha its alive :) kinda.... lol played wit clutch tighten it up way more then it was but i still think its slippen some it i pedal hard on start up i feel like it slips some deff feel like it would release way cleaner wit that spring in place.. got alil work to do wit carb to get idol right do u have any good tips on that ? Gonaa try a click or two tighter stop the slip.. but i have pop and went some.. lol like a block and stalled.. didnt get choke open in time

Back