New to this MB thing in Reno

Nevada

Local time
8:36 AM
Hey everyone. New guy here for the first time. In the process of finishing my build right now. Just wanted to pop real quick and wave a hand at everyone. Hopefully this is a good forum with some cool folks on here.

Welcome to the forum. I hope your build will be influenced by those cool air racers at Stead.

motor bike.jpg

Picture attached. Just a few more things to do and step one will be done, which is get it running. Upgrades will come along shortly thereafter. Starting upgrade is a billet sprocket adapter, instead of the rag joint type sprocket. Now that winter is approaching green fees saved will go towards upgrades. By summer she should be pretty dialed in and ready for a spot on the bike rack on back of the MH.

A little about it. It's a Huntington Beach Bike Company Skull and Crossbones beach cruiser. American made out of Huntington Beach, Ca. Not super heavy but very solid and well built. Engine is a Silver Eagle 66, probably the same China girl a bunch of other folks have. Purchased as a kit from Jake's.

First project and in no hurry to finish it. Digging the fact that upgrades are relatively inexpensive. Exhaust for less than $100, billet head less than $100. Full on, ready built 9 hp race engine for $800. Jeez! to get 15 hp more on my Harley cost around $2000.

Heck if I know Jerry. LOL. I haven't even gotten the stock thing running yet. The Kawi KX500 I had several years ago was 72 hp on a 215 lb bike. I sure hope I could handle 9 hp. :cool:

Back