New top end

Dserna

Local time
6:34 PM
Screw came loose and destroyed my top end. I was wondering if anyone had any links to a cylinder and reed valve set up. (The cylinder was already chipped really bad) Also, can I run a speed carb on the reed valve or should I use a different carb? And in that case does anyone have any links to a new carb and jets.
I've already split the case and cleaned out all the debris, I might balance the crank while it's open, not sure yet.
IMG_20220910_144214081.jpg
IMG_20220910_144209122.jpg
IMG_20220910_144117189.jpg
IMG_20220910_144025065.jpg

A cheap china doll, not really sure of the brand. Probably the cheapest engine

The only place a screw can come from is from the carb… sucked thru the intake and into the cylinder.
The head cylinder piston rod crank and case have no screws to come loose.

In the carb some have a screw holding the choke lever or air filter…

Where else can a screw come from?

The only place a screw can come from is from the carb… sucked thru the intake and into the cylinder.
The head cylinder piston rod crank and case have no screws to come loose.

In the carb some have a screw holding the choke lever or air filter…

Where else can a screw come from?
It came from the carb

I am unsure what jug and piston you need, but this is a good reed setup, that comes with one of the better BoFeng carbs, and a nice air filter for about as cheap as it gets. You will need a windowed piston to make any real use of the reed.

But yes, that jug was toast before the screw happened. The plating is gone from some significant portions of it, and it appears as if it has been that way for some time before the screw.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I am unsure what jug and piston you need, but this is a good reed setup, that comes with one of the better BoFeng carbs, and a nice air filter for about as cheap as it gets. You will need a windowed piston to make any real use of the reed.

But yes, that jug was toast before the screw happened. The plating is gone from some significant portions of it, and it appears as if it has been that way for some time before the screw.
Thanks man. That is the cheapest I've seen. I knew the cylinder was garbage but it was still riding pretty hard so I said "eh I'll ride it a lil longer till I get some money to upgrade" lol.

When I got the engine I had just moved into a motel with no tools and only enough money to eat and pay rent. The 48cc I had on my bike was falling apart and I needed to swap out the engine ASAP just to get to and from work so I didn't clean up the ports. Life is better now and I actually have a shed/workshop and almost all my tools back.

I appreciate all the help

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back