New Unrestricted Exhaust???????????

D

Dr. J.

79_Bicycle_Motor_Photos_2_017_1.jpg

79_Bicycle_Motor_Photos_2_016_1.jpg

The exhaust in the pictures was included in a motor kit from urbanengines.com.

hmmm...The kit the picture on their website looks the exact same as dax. Did you modify that pipe? or was it shipped that way?
I'd never heard of this company before; their website is far from complete. How is your impression of them?

The motor is like the thatsdax motor (same head and large cylinder studs). I was told it was a 60cc, but after taking the head off, it had a 47mm bore and 40mm stroke, which means its an 80cc (70cc). It came with a chrome tank, new style muffler, new style air cleaner, old style clutch lever, and old style chain guide.

The overall quality of the kit looks very good. Use the email address on the urbanengines.com Web site to get a price quote from Manny.

their prices and quality looks competitive for sure...the exhaust pipe looks the same, how's the quality/sturdyness of the muffler body?

The exhaust is similar in appearance, but without the inner pipe going the whole distance through the center, the exhaust is much lighter. The baffle section reminds of a similar idea used on mopeds years ago. I am sure is will give more performance over the stock pipe, but I'm guessing it will be louder.

I am making a similar exhaust out of the old style original exhaust by removing the inside long center pipe and using the orginal small outlet pipe and automotive freeze plugs to make the baffle (looks similar to the new style in the above picture). To get the center pipe out I used a hack saw and made a cut almost one half of the way through the large center section up toward the header pipe and welded the cut back together. By cutting the center section in half resulted in cutting the inner long pipe off.

Back