New user, second bike, less power

prsman

Local time
2:39 AM
Hi, as stated this is my second bike, the first went really well, this one is not running in so good, its seems to lack power and does not hit the power band range when riding, fuel mixture is ok. Had a ride today turned the fuel of while riding, soon as fuel was just about empty with clutch in it started to rev better im assuming because of the higher air ratio in the fuel.
Also i have not enough Frame space for the carbi to sit exactly verticle, its only a 34% slant, but wondering if that is my problem. Just dont know with this motor, it is a chinese 66 cc , get what you pay for i guess but the last cheapy went great to the point it was scary.
Any thought would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Welcome to MBc. I'm sorry that I can't help you, but make use of our search function, then post your question in our 2-stroke Forum. Lots of good minds and actual gurus there.
Patrick

Hi, as stated this is my second bike, the first went really well, this one is not running in so good, its seems to lack power and does not hit the power band range when riding, fuel mixture is ok. Had a ride today turned the fuel of while riding, soon as fuel was just about empty with clutch in it started to rev better im assuming because of the higher air ratio in the fuel.
Also i have not enough Frame space for the carbi to sit exactly verticle, its only a 34% slant, but wondering if that is my problem. Just dont know with this motor, it is a chinese 66 cc , get what you pay for i guess but the last cheapy went great to the point it was scary.
Any thought would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Try searching "carb tuning" i had to go from a stock jet down to a .064mm jet. Lots of power now,no bogging.

Back