New Whizzer Owner - From Kansas

MoonKS

Local time
1:40 PM
Hello all. My name is Matthew - I live in Wichita, KS. I got my first "motorbike" today. I bought a new Whizzer after taking it for a test drive.

I visited a scooter site where they had a used Whizzer in stock - I was immediately intrigued. I have always loved the looks of old motorcycles from back in the early part of the last century. I even own a Felt Racing cruiser - the 1903 - which is kind of what the Whizzer reminded me of as well.

I called the local "Harley" shop they have listed as a Whizzer dealer - they said they had a few in stock. The one I bought is a 2007 NE5 - black with chrome fenders.

I saw the brochure online and it said 25 MPH max speed - that was a bit disappointing. But I found this site and it says you can do different levels of modifications to increase the speed.

I don't want to do anything to increase it to the level of insanity (I would love to see someone on one of those!!!) - but I would like to do the mod that Quenton Guenther mentioned where you make the opening on the restrictor plate in the carb to give it a little more top end. Right now I can slooooowly get it up 35 MPH - but I would love for 40 or 45 to be the max since most of the roads I will drive on will be 40 max.

Since I don't know much about these machines - anyone happen to have a pic or two showing the carb and restrictor plate assembly so I know what to disassemble and modify?

Thank you so much for this great website. I look forward to getting to know everyone and participating.

Best regards,

Matthew

My new Whizzer

Hi Matthew. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
Beautiful bike Matthew! Your very lucky to own one.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263

Last edited:
Thanks for your warm welcome. I actually did use the search function and spent quite a bit of time going over the information. Since I am not a naturally born gear head - I usually rely on diagrams or photos to kick me off in the right direction before I start pulling things apart!

I was just asking if there were any photos or diagrams of the Whizzer NE5 carb - either a photo showing the restrictor plate or a sort of exploded diagram. Before I found this forum I was Googling to no end yesterday! I sure am in a hurry to void the warranty :p

Thanks again for the welcome!

Best regards,

Matthew

I'll try to help you. There are 2 10mm nuts that hold the carb on. remove these and slide the carb off the studs. It should be able to hang on the throttle cable out of the way. Next you should see a thin gasket. Behide this should be the restrictor plate. It is a hard material and is not the same color as the gasket. Mine are all a lighter shade of brown. Almost tan in color. Slide this off the studs. Now make the opening in this plate match the opening in the intake on the cylinder. This will help a lot. Reassemble in the same order you removed the plate and gaskets. Tighten the nuts and enjoy. I hope this helps.

Jim

P.S. Also welcome to MBc

Last edited:
Welcome to MBc, MoonKS. I have a 2005 NE5 I'm reassembling and I've ridden RdKryton's WC1 (probably a bit more than he has, so far). Whizzers are a lot of fun. You're gonna enjoy the ride, I'm sure.

Back