New Whizzer owners

mrmomzz

Local time
2:58 PM
My name is Glenn. My son Tully and I have acquired a 1948 Whizzer motorbike. We are in the process of trying to make it run. The bike has sat for several years. We cleaned out the gas, gas lines and carb. We fixed some leaky seals and changed the rotted tires. Overall the bike is complete and in fairly good shape. It is my understanding the bike was running before being stored. It looks to be a good project for father and son. My son is 14 and we live in S. Calif. We need to search these forums for how to fire the Whizzer. We have peddled and peddled and gotten a few pops out of the motor, but it wont continue to run. I will search this forum for the proceedure and hopefully you can help. Glenn

Hi Glenn, and welcome to MBc from a fellow Whizzer owner. Do yourself a favor and post about the ignition problems you're having in the Whizzer section. We have a number of Whizzer gurus here, but they don't always look up here in the intro section.
I have a 2005 Whizzer NE5 with the electronic ignition, so the ignition problems you are experiencing are beyond my area of experience. If yours is a '48 you will most likely have the "H" engine, which will have points and a condensor (unlike mine). I'm going to suggest that a good place to start is having a look at the points. There will be a triangular points cover you will have to remove to get to them. Make sure the points gap is at .033". At the same time you may want to check your spark plug, as a bad plug could be the issue.
Here's a link that might help as well: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=19044
Good luck and keep us posted!

thanks for the welcome, we actually got the whizzer running yesterday. My 14 year old peddled and peddled and it fired and he took off. Hope he comes home soon...
Glenn.

Back