New with some questions

K

Karamil

Hello everyone. I have been reading this forum and researching a bit on motorized bicycles and think i am going to get me one.

I am pretty good with tools and did all my own work on my car and many years ago 4wheelers and motorcycles, however i have limited experience with 2 stroke engines. The bike i have decided on is the "Industrial" 80cc Spooky Tooth bike.

I want a bike that is big and sturdy and one that i can load up with lots of racks. I live about 30 miles from "LBL" or Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky. It is a national park between Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley and stretches down into Tennessee close to Historical Fort Donaldson in Dover Tn.

I want to be able to use my bike as a daily commuter as well as be able to take weekend trips down to LBL and tool around on the backroads and find good camping and fishing spots.

What future upgrades would be best for what i am wanting to do. Anyone have any favorite racks they like that can hold a good amount of gear without adding too much extra weight?

PS... Stickers? ... Where could i get motorbike.com stickers for my helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard. I've heard only good things about Spooky Tooth bikes and that one looks strong to me.

Glad you found the tribe and welcome. Look through the different forums and post you question's. We all have opinions here and some are even valid :D
Welcome from the Giant Side of Texas!

Welcome,and just a suggestion...if your going to commute long distances or if u want your motorized bike to "last" then concider putting together a 4-stroke.
More specifically a Honda GXH50 engine(or Chinese clone) teamed with a Grubee gearbox/clutch.
I started as u as a first attempt with a 2-stroke to see if i liked it or not,but now i'm hooked and want something better......more expensive but better.
You can also wait just a little while(a month at the longest) and the new Dax 4-stroke should become available.

Welcome,and just a suggestion...if your going to commute long distances or if u want your motorized bike to "last" then concider putting together a 4-stroke.
More specifically a Honda GXH50 engine(or Chinese clone) teamed with a Grubee gearbox/clutch.
I started as u as a first attempt with a 2-stroke to see if i liked it or not,but now i'm hooked and want something better......more expensive but better.
You can also wait just a little while(a month at the longest) and the new Dax 4-stroke should become available.

Thanks...

I understand that 80cc wont be the last one i toss on this frame ... I'm more interested in having a nice sturdy heavy duty frame to mess with. I'll have to check out that honda engine. I've always been a honda fan. (favorite motorcycle i ever had was an old 85 1100 shadow and my cars have usually been accords).

If these things are as fun as they look i may have to make me a trail bike out of an old aluminum suspension frame i have.

Back