New Zbox 70cc - Working fine today, not now?

Alright, those last few responses gave me some really good notes that I can use in the morning to have another shot.
Tapping the carby, carby screw out 4.5 turns, 3 seconds on the little button (usually I just push twice).

I mixed 16:1 with it. But, I got over excited, and couldn't find a measuring cup, so I mixed it in tank. Realised my mistake though, and shook it around like crazy before I started the engine. Though I doubt that's the problem, as I rode it around work, and home from work (2km) fine that day. Can't wait for tomorrow, another day, and the bad luck meter resets itself :D

Good luck man, I'm having my own share of bad luck with flat tires...When everything's right, I was loving it...but in less than a week's time, I've had 3 flats, which is really making me question the reliability.

Just goes to show ya...if it aint one thing, its another...
Mark

Is that the recommended oil/gas mix by the manufacturer for the break in on that engine? Mine was 23:1 per instructions that came with kit. Also are you using fresh gas? I use a bit of Stabil in my gas tank and only mix 1/2 gallon at a time..

I have a 1 gallon container. I filled it with fresh regular gase, then poured in about 4 oz/ of ProMix 2 stroke oil. I think it's happy with that. It's more oil than I use for the weedwhacker/edger, too.

With fuels and mixes and break in routines, everyone's got an opinion...so here's a rule of thumb that I use: make sure you can see exhaust come out (blueish smoke) - that's telling you that there's plenty of oil. This is also how I break in my RC motors. I am not running at full throttle except when I'm accelerating up to about 20 mph...then I back off. I'm on my second gallon...and no, I'm not getting crazy 120mpg, more like half of that, but I also think it's due to extra oil and that it's not broken in yet.

Hope that helps,
Mark

Ok, it's all fixed, and going beautifully :D.

It ended up being the magneto. Reckon I could warranty it, since it was but a day old?

And, what date is the Sydney meet set to be?

are you using the connectors that came withe the kit if so remove them and solder the wires together, I had a simmlar problem and that what I did and I have not had any problems since.

take the fuel bowl off and check the jet for blockage check fuel bowl for contaniments if it doesnt work after that and you got your engine wet it could be magneto

Back