New Zeda 80

CENTURION

Local time
5:57 AM
Got it dry fit so far, kind of a tight squeeze in this Huffy Lock Land. For those of you that have built this kit, how do you get the carb tightened to the intake snug enough? that clamp does not tighten down enough (I don't want to power on it, because I know how soft the Chinese metal is). My tank petcock threads are also painted inside preventing the valve from being tightened, any potential fixes? or should I request a replacement? This bike seems like a good candidate for motorizing, frame is stout, it has great V-brakes and pretty comfortable. It's a 7 speed so pedal assisting will be easier.

Attachments

• ZEDA1.jpg
    ZEDA1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 147
For those of you that have built this kit, how do you get the carb tightened to the intake snug enough? that clamp does not tighten down enough (I don't want to power on it, because I know how soft the Chinese metal is).
If that kit was a recent purchase, that carby should say Bofeng on it...If it doesnt, order the Bofeng one from Amazon here below for only 11.99 USD...everything is more beefy with the Bofeng than the usual NT that used to come with that kit like mine did...i replaced mine with Bofeng and didnt have to be gentle about the tightening at all since its a better carby.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It that kit was a recent purchase, that carby should say Bofeng on it...If it doesnt, order the Bofeng one from Amazon here below for only 11.99 USD...everything is more beefy with the Bofeng than the usual NT that used to come with that kit like mine did...i replaced mine with Bofeng and didnt have to be gentle about the tightening at all since its a better carby.

It is in fact the Bofeng, I got it a little more secure, it's machined pretty nice in that bore so hopefully it works ok.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Finished her up this AM, still breaking it in, but it turned out to be a sweet little cruiser. Put some fuel in and it fired right up no problem (I checked before building that the piston was in right). I'm using the 36 tooth sprocket, I am surprised how quiet it is, and cruises nicely at lower RPM's. We only have moderate hills here, and with the 7 speed I don't mind assisting when needed. I need to get the dual brake lever, but I manage OK. It was nice to be able to ride it this late in the season here, about 37 def. F and low winds. This will make a nice bike to putt around on for my early weekend runs I take when there is no traffic.

Attachments

• CHINA.jpg
    CHINA.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 140
Finished her up this AM, still breaking it in, but it turned out to be a sweet little cruiser. Put some fuel in and it fired right up no problem (I checked before building that the piston was in right). I'm using the 36 tooth sprocket, I am surprised how quiet it is, and cruises nicely at lower RPM's. We only have moderate hills here, and with the 7 speed I don't mind assisting when needed. I need to get the dual brake lever, but I manage OK. It was nice to be able to ride it this late in the season here, about 37 def. F and low winds. This will make a nice bike to putt around on for my early weekend runs I take when there is no traffic.
That is a nice ride. Looks good.

2022-01-02.jpg

I`m anxiously waiting for the new upgraded zeda 80 firestorm i ordered for this Cranbrook. I managed to get the (brand new)bike for $25 on facebook marketplace. I have some friends that have 2 stroke bicycles and it looks fun. Any tips before assembly i should know. like maybe red high temp auto wheel bearing grease in the hubs ? getting rid of fenders perhaps? i liked watchin Hughes motorized on youtube. anyway more pics when i get it.

Yes, grease and inspect all bearings

Ditch that front fender or replace the mounting L bracket with a stronger L bracket and screws

The cheep L bracket breaks or the rivets pop off causing the front fender to wrap around the front wheel this causes the U fender brace to wrap around the axle wedging the front fender into the wheel causing the bike to come to a sudden unexpected stop sending the rider flying over the handle bars to break their neck

I use Permatex 29132 sealant on the petcock threads and the carburetor to intake tube. Smear the sealant on the intake tube so when you slide the carb on, none of the sealant will be injested into the engine. It dries in a couple of hours and makes a pretty nice seal without needing to honk down on that clamp really hard. You can pick it up at any auto parts store.

Yes, grease and inspect all bearings

Ditch that front fender or replace the mounting L bracket with a stronger L bracket and screws

The cheep L bracket breaks or the rivets pop off causing the front fender to wrap around the front wheel this causes the U fender brace to wrap around the axle wedging the front fender into the wheel causing the bike to come to a sudden unexpected stop sending the rider flying over the handle bars to break their neck

yes no fenders was what i was thinkin. my friends back fender came loose and got under the tire sendin him sliding out of control at 35+mph he didnt have a shirt on and had road rash from hell.

Back