New Zeda 80

I use Permatex 29132 sealant on the petcock threads and the carburetor to intake tube. Smear the sealant on the intake tube so when you slide the carb on, none of the sealant will be injested into the engine. It dries in a couple of hours and makes a pretty nice seal without needing to honk down on that clamp really hard. You can pick it up at any auto parts store.
I will do for the gas petcock, but i think the carb i`m getting has an o ring on the inside where the intake slips up in against..

yes no fenders was what i was thinkin. my friends back fender came loose and got under the tire sendin him sliding out of control at 35+mph he didnt have a shirt on and had road rash from hell.
mybikenitro.jpg

I like my fenders, they keep the mud off. They have also been supported with better material. They ain't falling off unless the forks collapse or the drops outs collapse. Even then, I think they would still hand on. lol. Four points holding each fender on, 5 on the back.

View attachment 167187
I`m anxiously waiting for the new upgraded zeda 80 firestorm i ordered for this Cranbrook. I managed to get the (brand new)bike for $25 on facebook marketplace. I have some friends that have 2 stroke bicycles and it looks fun. Any tips before assembly i should know. like maybe red high temp auto wheel bearing grease in the hubs ? getting rid of fenders perhaps? i liked watchin Hughes motorized on youtube. anyway more pics when i get it.
You should start your own thread under Photos and bicycle builds.
Don't rely on that coaster brake at all.

You should start your own thread under Photos and bicycle builds.
Don't rely on that coaster brake at all.
about the coaster brake, should i just leave the arm off, or keep the coaster brake. I will be getting the motor thursday. and i also ordered front and back calipers with a dual braking lever. it will also be here thursday. Just asking about the coaster cause my friend has destroyed 2 -3 sets of insides, but i think its how he rides and uses the coaster brake with the motor. I shall start another thread with pics. i did a tiny vid once of my grow tent and such. i sounded like mountain man from duck dynasty. so i deleted the vid lol. Thanks all, nice forum

about the coaster brake, should i just leave the arm off, or keep the coaster brake. I will be getting the motor thursday. and i also ordered front and back calipers with a dual braking lever. it will also be here thursday. Just asking about the coaster cause my friend has destroyed 2 -3 sets of insides, but i think its how he rides and uses the coaster brake with the motor. I shall start another thread with pics. i did a tiny vid once of my grow tent and such. i sounded like mountain man from duck dynasty. so i deleted the vid lol. Thanks all, nice forum
If you can find a good multi speed wheel and swap your freewheel off the coaster hub, you should be good. A bike shop can take the gears off for you. You also want to check the hub diameter on the new wheel, you want a 34mm where the freewheel screws on.

You can just leave the arm off, but the coaster will partially work without it. Just pull the hub apart and clean it out and repack it with lots of new grease.

Dual brake levers are great, set the front up a little bit tighter than the rear.

I have a disc brake on the front and rim brakes on the rear, but it's setup with most of the braking at the front.

You can just leave the arm off, but the coaster will partially work without it. Just pull the hub apart and clean it out and repack it with lots of new grease.

Dual brake levers are great, set the front up a little bit tighter than the rear.

I have a disc brake on the front and rim brakes on the rear, but it's setup with most of the braking at the front.
No, the arm keeps it from pedaling backwards on it's own. No No No, bad tractor mechanic, bad!! lol

If you take the pads, out, you risk the drive cone falling off the drive sprocket screw because the brake pads aren't stopping it.

My spare Bofengs did not come with the O-rings. It might depend on which vendor you get it from.... idunno.

Back