New4stroke just spit driveshaft key!

TheGeneral1

Local time
3:45 AM
My new 79cc ,I think spit out a key from what I would call my driveshaft/differential and I need help...any ideas??... anyone know what I'm describing??...please help!! Thanks!!

My new 79cc ,I think spit out a key from what I would call my driveshaft/differential and I need help...any ideas??... anyone know what I'm describing??...please help!! Thanks!!
Got a picture?
If it is a key for your clutch or jackshaft I suppose you just purchase another key. Otherwise, I don't know.

Got a picture?
If it is a key for your clutch or jackshaft I suppose you just purchase another key. Otherwise, I don't know.
Ty for the reply. It is the jackshaft and the keyslot is the length of the entire shaft. Only one of the sprockets is freewheeling around the shaft. The other sprocket and a ring are moving with the shaft like they should be. I'm wondering if I need a key to fill the entire slot??...or just find another way to make that sprocket tight to the shaft again?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Got a picture?

Got a picture?
Got a picture?
0512171427a.jpg

Yea that happens on occasion, actually happened to me twice, once when I first installed my jackshaft, and again after a year and I had just replaced the bearings and sprockets. Both times my retaining screw that keeps the key in place wasn't tight enough nor the notch in the key deep enough. That key I can't remember the size of but I know you can get them at home Depot and definitely Lowe's.

Doesn't yours have a small retaining screw that keeps the key in place?

Yea that happens on occasion, actually happened to me twice, once when I first installed my jackshaft, and again after a year and I had just replaced the bearings and sprockets. Both times my retaining screw that keeps the key in place wasn't tight enough nor the notch in the key deep enough. That key I can't remember the size of but I know you can get them at home Depot and definitely Lowe's.

Ok...I didn't realize that the screw was for the key...just assumed it went anywhere into the shaft, as the key stock I purchased had

Ok..thanks for the info..I didn't realize the screw was to hold the key in place just thought it went anywhere against the shaft as the key is perfectly flat. Thanks again!!

Ok...I didn't realize that the screw was for the key...just assumed it went anywhere into the shaft, as the key stock I purchased had

Ok..thanks for the info..I didn't realize the screw was to hold the key in place just thought it went anywhere against the shaft as the key is perfectly flat. Thanks again!!
Yeah no problem, get some threadlock and put a notch (like a mm deep) where the screw hits the key, that way when tightened down it virtually eliminates any chance of it slipping in the keyway.

Back