Newb

86BG

Local time
1:12 PM
My name is Brian. I'm a huge fan of renewable energy, and so plan to power my bike that way. I do a lot of welding and building of my own projects, most of which are engine powered suspensioned trail buggies, or suspensionless go karts for racing around with friends. I do believe form follows function, but in my book it trails WAY behind. I just like to slap stuff together and make it as strong as possible, with little regard to how it looks. As long as it's comfortable and hauls ***, I don't care. I care about safety on my buggies, but they weigh lots more than I do, so I don't want them coming down on top of me. As far as a bike goes, I don't really care.

I came here with the idea of making an electric bicycle and in need of some suggestions and help. I don't want to go the kit route as they are too expensive, and I have the tools to go it without the convenience of them.

I started a post here not knowing the introduction forum existed(WHOOPS!), so I looked like a fool. Here is the details of my new project and the little bit of information I dug up.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?p=113511#post113511

I don't feel that I'm competent to judge whether your idea would work or not as I don't know hardly anything about it. But I can't see anything obviously wrong with those motors and such that you linked to. And I'm pretty sure that hooking up 12 volt batts in series will get you to the voltage you want with no damage. But, again, I'm no authority.
Best of luck and welcome. You'll find your answers here if you keep looking.

Welcome to MBC Brian. I'm sure you'll be able to find the answers to your questions here, as there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board. Good luck with your project!

hello brian and welcome to MBc! enjoy the forum the home of many answers good luck and happy motoring!

Back