Newbie and 2 questions

aware

Local time
3:47 PM
Hello all,
I recently "implanted" a 2-stroke motor on my bicycle.
Well it is interesting at least!
However I have some questions:
1) How can I know how many cc it is. I bought it many years ago for 160 euros (ebay incl. shipping to Europe) but I can't trace the order to find out the size of the engine.
2) It seems rather reluctant at throttle and also rough (more than expected from a 2-stroke engine). The gas/oil mix I put is from my father's 2-stroke machines for garden and maybe I should try 98 octane unleaded with oil for smoother and better performance. True or juts hype?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Τhank you.
45mm I measured today.
The engine isn't that responsive and sparky so I reckon I should try higher octane gas.
BTW, the cable that controls the clutch isn't fitted well. There must be a better way than the one provided by the manufacturer which is not responding when the handlebars are full right or left... A difficult puzzle at least for me.

When your riding you never turn your handle bars full left or right, think about it. Are tie wraps limiting the movement? Is the routing the most direct from A to B?

Agreed that full left/right isn't the norm. The routing isn't the most direct and I think that I will ask a bicycle expert to redo it.
To me, it is completely illogical how this is supposed to be installed.

So the latest news is that the engine is really hesitant and maybe this is normal but I have no other prior experience to compare.
The only thing is that I have driven many years ago a MOTOBECANE 49cc 2-stroke pedaled mororbike and although this was much heavier, there was more power.
I adjusted the spark plug gap and played a bit with the idle screw but no improvement.
Would it help if I uploaded a video of it "in action" so you can assess in some way?
Thank you again

Next step (as I see it): add more oil in the mix to smoothen the engine running.
Then alter the lean/rich setting of the carb.
Then try new plug and cdi.

Next step (as I see it): add more oil in the mix to smoothen the engine running.
Then alter the lean/rich setting of the carb.
Then try new plug and cdi.
4 ounces per gallon. The chain saw mix is probably a little lite. Move the clip on the needle of the carb to the top notch. You tube. Check the head bolts for proper torque 144 in. lbs. re tighten intake and exhaust fasteners. They will be a little lose after heating and cooling. go easy on the tightening they are little and pull out easily.

Hello all,
I recently "implanted" a 2-stroke motor on my bicycle.
Well it is interesting at least!
However I have some questions:
1) How can I know how many cc it is. I bought it many years ago for 160 euros (ebay incl. shipping to Europe) but I can't trace the order to find out the size of the engine.
2) It seems rather reluctant at throttle and also rough (more than expected from a 2-stroke engine). The gas/oil mix I put is from my father's 2-stroke machines for garden and maybe I should try 98 octane unleaded with oil for smoother and better performance. True or juts hype?

Thank you very much.
I've read that u want to run 16:1 ratio and use non ethanol gas

Back