Newbie and 2 questions

4 ounces per gallon. The chain saw mix is probably a little lite. Move the clip on the needle of the carb to the top notch. You tube. Check the head bolts for proper torque 144 in. lbs. re tighten intake and exhaust fasteners. They will be a little lose after heating and cooling. go easy on the tightening they are little and pull out easily.
Well the top notch carb setting improved hugely the resposiveness and smoothness.
Thank you.

Today I drove a bit longer. Can it also be that this top notch carb setting leads to less output power?

Thank you.
It's much better now. I think that at some rpm's it is smooth but at other is rough and vibrating a lot. Maybe this is normal from such a inexpensive design.

4 ounces per gallon. The chain saw mix is probably a little lite. Move the clip on the needle of the carb to the top notch. You tube. Check the head bolts for proper torque 144 in. lbs. re tighten intake and exhaust fasteners. They will be a little lose after heating and cooling. go easy on the tightening they are little and pull out easily.
Well the head bolts were loose like no tomorrow! I tightened them with 13Nm and next time I drive I want to see if any difference!
Thanks for the tip.

I drove it today. Maybe better or not, can't tell. Definetely not worse!
BTW there is some oil spluttering on my right knee and I can feel hot bites there...
I understand that this can be some gasket not sealing well (head or base).
What do you think?

I drove it today. Maybe better or not, can't tell. Definetely not worse!
BTW there is some oil spluttering on my right knee and I can feel hot bites there...
I understand that this can be some gasket not sealing well (head or base).
What do you think?
Most likely exhaust or head. Base wouldn't be hot. A base will usualy just weep rather then spray.

Back