Newbie and 2 questions

Those bolts get loose very quickly. I now tightened them hard enough and also placed some exhaust thermal tape around the head gasket to prevent spitting of hot oil/gas on my legs.
I will see how it goes and possibly apply some blue threadlocker I have (15Nm locking).

Well the spitting was obviously coming from the base gasket. I placed some exhaust fiber tape around and it stopped...

Τhank you.
45mm I measured today.
The engine isn't that responsive and sparky so I reckon I should try higher octane gas.
BTW, the cable that controls the clutch isn't fitted well. There must be a better way than the one provided by the manufacturer which is not responding when the handlebars are full right or left... A difficult puzzle at least for me.
You must be very young and uninformed as to the obsession with high octane petrol, and are wasting time that would be better spent in mechanical pursuit. Get real, not grasping for magic cures.

The rough and weak performance at mid revs seems to be 4-stroking although I have the leanest setting in the circlip.
Very weird... and very annoying

Weird no, annoying hell yes. From reading on this forum it seems most of these little engines come with too large of jet from the factory. I still can't find a jet set that increases in single increments from 60 to 70 so i soldered my jet shut and re drilled it a tiny bit smaller.

Weird no, annoying hell yes. From reading on this forum it seems most of these little engines come with too large of jet from the factory. I still can't find a jet set that increases in single increments from 60 to 70 so i soldered my jet shut and re drilled it a tiny bit smaller.
You already fixed your problem, but for future ref. here's the jets you're looking for.Fuel System Archives | Bicycle Motor Works

Back