Newbie bike engine

Bigdave86

Local time
4:16 PM
Hello to all i am new to the motorized bycicle world i have a question about the engine ect i don't have any mechanic background skill so bare with me. I am sorry if there's is a lot grammar mistakes i failed 12 years of english in public school so don't judge me.

I bought a Chinese engine kit 49cc engine three months back and i am still waiting for it to finish while im waiting for to it finish i am sitting here searching YouTube and the Web for other engines to gain more information . There is one vendor that stroked my interest and that is zeda motorsports i seen a lot of their videos their setup is wicked i want to be fast as them. At first i was going to make the purchase from them but i read a lot horror stories about them i came realization that their parts are mostly bought from jlzeda and cdhpower so instead of going through the hassle I'm going to buy directly from the manufacturer.

I want the performance to be as fast as the zeda guy bike so i am going to copy closely to their build and speed. I am thinking of using the zeda/cdh pk80 and do some port modification and swapping the parts out and put into gt90 case but there alot raised questions that hasn't been answered and it worries me cause i don't want to put a lot of money into it if doesn't work out, i want to be well prepared first . How easy is it to install into the new case? Is the empty case blueprint the same setup as rest of the other engine kits out there ( is there shimming involved can i copy everything into the new case without extra modification or go hunting for extra spare parts? ) Will i actually gain 13Hp as they claim? Is the cdh window piston compatible with the stock 80pk jug or OKO dio reed valve mai MAIKUNI PWK28MMji Carburetor that come with the jug? Will i be able to fly down the road at 75 MPh with this setup?
Is there other things i should be well aware before i pay this setup. Thanks you if anyone is reading this looking forward for some answers.

Last edited:
For your first bike get a 100 kit from Amazon or eBay. I have two 110 dollar kits and they run 30 mph top speed. I have 1000 miles on my first kit and about 150 on my 2nd. Both still run great except I keep breaking the bikes. Only part of the kits I've replaced is the chains, spark plugs and wires.

Last edited:
Save your money get a 44tooth cnc hub adapter with a small banana pipe with a small header pipe on it and a cnc head you will have a lot of fun on it guaranteed without soaking too much money into it all stock internals on the motor. 30mph is plenty for a 44 tooth and 40mph on a 36 tooth. if you want 75mph just get a motorcycle honestly its cheaper and more reliable.i made the mistake of trying too have your ideas but they were not realistic too me and not a smart investment

Last edited:
Save your money get a 44tooth cnc hub adapter with a small banana pipe with a small header pipe on it and a cnc head you will have a lot of fun on it guaranteed without soaking too much money into it all stock internals on the motor. 30mph is plenty for a 44 tooth and 40mph on a 36 tooth. if you want 75mph just get a motorcycle honestly its cheaper and more reliable.i made the mistake of trying too have your ideas but they were not realistic too me and not a smart investment
I appreciate it how was your experience with that setup? Did you hit 75 mph

Last edited by a moderator:
Will i actually gain 13Hp as they claim?
No, you will not. The only motor they sell that puts out 13hp is using a watercooled AM6 cylinder. The best you can hope for is approx 5-6hp if you FULLY port the cylinder, use a high compression head, and have a windowed piston/reed combo.
Is the cdh window piston compatible with the stock 80pk jug or OKO dio reed valve mai MAIKUNI PWK28MMji Carburetor that come with the jug?
If it's a "Type B" (high pin) piston, it should work.
Will i be able to fly down the road at 75 MPh with this setup?
Sadly, no. Everything that zedamotorsports claims needs to be taken with a grain of salt as they are in the business of selling products.
My zeda 80 with a moderate amount of port work+mz65 pipe+21mm PHBG carb+wide bore intake according to ZMS's marketing should be good for 55+ mph on a 32t sprocket but in reality, it's only good for roughly 50mph on a 32t.
That's on a bike that weighs a total of 55 lbs (with motor and gas) and a rider that weighs 185lbs.
Since a 32t is geared too high to actually be usable for daily driving, I use a 36t which is good for a top speed of 42-43 mph at 8,200 rpm.
The name of the game is managing expectations, it's worth remembering that these motors are based on a 1950's Russian bicycle motor design. Unsurprisingly, the best way to make power out of these is to replace the topend with something from a more modern motor (The ZMS frankenstein uses a Stihl cylinder and piston. The ZMS 13hp build uses a watercooled motorscooter cylinder and piston, not to mention the billet aluminum case reed block.)

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

You can make 8-10 hp from these engines in the 66 varients and a bit more from the 69,torque below the pipe and a good pipe is the main key to awesome power! 4 ft lbs of torque at 5k is 3.8hp and as it climbs and hits the pipe that # can double or more at 10k where now it's 6 ft lbs of torque with the pipe and that;s now 11+ hp that easy.

I appreciate it how was your experience with that setup? Did you hit 75 mph
Just 30mph with a 44t but plenty of torque for offroad yard/trail/field riding prettty fun on its own. Bicycle wheels are not rated to go more then 40mph after that you better hope the bearings and tires and rim will hold up they usually do but just something to think about

Back