Newbie from Maryland

Where in md.you from? I'm from Twinbrook but summered in Shadyside . I loved the bay. Crabing and fishing. Ah that was a life. I'm in the eastern panhandle of wv now but will be moving to Crisfield md. next spring. I can hardly wait. I love the bay life. This will be my last move........... Tom

Oh that brings to mind the flooding that has been flowing downstream. Too much rain to the north combined with sea level rise and high tide is almost at the point of overflow. The ground level is a foot and a half above the high tide mark so tidal serge has become a major concern.I was told to learn and know my e-vac route as it's a good thirty miles to high ground from town. My friends in wv said I should buy a boat! On a more positive note Crisfield is a bike friendly town with bike trails and bike lanes and no hills at all.It's as flat as a pool table. A truly fantastic place to ride easy . I will post pictures when l can . Tom

Oh that brings to mind the flooding that has been flowing downstream. Too much rain to the north combined with sea level rise and high tide is almost at the point of overflow. The ground level is a foot and a half above the high tide mark so tidal serge has become a major concern.I was told to learn and know my e-vac route as it's a good thirty miles to high ground from town. My friends in wv said I should buy a boat! On a more positive note Crisfield is a bike friendly town with bike trails and bike lanes and no hills at all.It's as flat as a pool table. A truly fantastic place to ride easy . I will post pictures when l can . Tom
The downtown area where I live is pretty flat. The rest is up hill both ways ☺️

Where in md.you from? I'm from Twinbrook but summered in Shadyside . I loved the bay. Crabing and fishing. Ah that was a life. I'm in the eastern panhandle of wv now but will be moving to Crisfield md. next spring. I can hardly wait. I love the bay life. This will be my last move........... Tom
[GROUP=]at[/GROUP]

At least you have an escape route near by that is high ground in case of flood. I have a 40 year old worksman mover trike and a 50 year old bike bug engine. The rig will do 25 mph easy and hauls so the gear to go crabbing no problem.I'm an old hippie from the 60 s and play guitar for the tourist croud in the summer down at the public dock. You should make a day trip down come spring and ride the trails and bike routes. They use a street sweeper to keep the bike lanes clear of debree at least twice a week so it's a good place for biking. Fishing and crabbing no licence needed right off the public dock. Crab season starts April first we would love to have people down for a ride .. Tom

IMG_20180922_151639_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180922_151639_hdr.jpg

That's the worksman with the bug motor. I had to rebuild the fuel pump and clean the carb but she makes good comp and spark . With a skate mod drive wheel she will do 25+ mph .

Back