Newbie from north Georgia

If after the break-in period, you still need a lot of pedal assist up the 10-30% grade hills try engine mods for more power. If that isn't enough either, then consider building a shifter bike using a 3-speed internal geared hub as a jackshaft transmission.

You should also be aware without mods and using a 10\44 on 26" wheels your top level ground speed is going to be around 25 mph. With engine mods your top level ground speed will be around 34 mph.

I think I am topping out about 25mph,but the torque feels anemic,the slightest hill slows it down.
I only have about 10 miles on break in so far,need to find some flat lander ground to run it with out having to lug the engine trying to go up and down hills.

I did check the head bolts today and they were loose,so I might have been losing some compression,will run it tomorrow when the rain ends.

Did modify the air breather some with my drill,still waiting on a jet kit to see if I can get some more torque out of it.

I did check the head bolts today and they were loose,so I might have been losing some compression,will run it tomorrow
You will need to retorque those head bolts in the usual X pattern after each and every heat cycle for probably the first 200 miles as the aluminum threading will keep expanding/contracting etc...Only retorque once it is stone cold again...Yes, you are losing compression that way when you do not do this.

I've had 2 girlfriends named Yamaha; I miss then dearly.
giphy.gif

I've only had a 76 Harley. My first X wanted me to put a rear seat and rear foot pegs on it. I told her I'd be more than happy to put those things on my bike. She then thought about it and said Oh Hell No you're not going to do that 😆

Back