Newbie from Texas!

MRITRAVIS

Local time
3:49 AM
Hello all,
I just wanted to introduce my self. I am new Motorbicycling. I am from Melissa, Tx (about 35 miles north of Dallas). I am reasonably mechanically inclined. I work in the Medical field.
I have been lurking and researching for the last several months. I have just about gotten all of my parts together to start my build. It has changed several times since i started this 3 months ago. I am going to use a Micargi Bronco frame, I am changing the front to a triple tree type suspension fork. I have bought new rims for disc brakes. I am putting an 8 speed rear cassette ran off of a jack shaft, that will be my transmission. I bought a HF Predator 99cc engine. I will be using a torque converter with a 10t sprocket to a 48t on the jackshaft, then a 10t running the 8 speed rear end. The gear ratio should be 15.36 to 1 in low and 5.28 to 1 in high. (I need to know if y'all think this gear ratio will work for this engine.)
I have allot of fabricating to do for this frame, so I figure it will take me several weeks to complete this. The only thing that will be left original on the bike is the frame and possibly the seat (I bought the bike off Craigslist used, got a good deal and you cant find them around Dallas).

Thanks for letting me introduce myself!
Travis

P.S.--I love all the info on this forum!!!!:D

WOW 99cc good luck with it sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Its a good thing your in the medical field be carefull these things can bite!

Back